03

After the faithful encounter near the school, the last thing Kaaya expected was to see him once more. She thought that with the help of his powers, he'd make sure that they'd never meet again. She suddenly sees him on the top of the slide at the playground, as if he was watching over someone.

It was summer, so most of the kids would have their lunch outside under the tree shade, and the same goes for her classmates. Since the crowd was large, she had no idea who exactly he was watching over. Kaira, Kaaya's best friend, noticed her friend's eyes fixed on the sky just above the slide.

She snapped her finger in front of her friend's eyes. "What are you looking at? You have been staring right there for a long time now." She said gaining the attention of the other two. Neha had been Kaaya's seatmate for the past two years, and they clicked just right after one single conversation. They had similar tastes in music, which brought them together.

Huh? Oh, that's right, Kaaya can only see through his invisibility spell. She must've seemed like a fool while she was busy staring at a boy that only she could see.

"It's nothing; I was just thinking about something." Kaaya said, making up an excuse for her best friends.

Kaira has been Kaaya's best friend since Primary school, along with Hruthi. They were inseparable until middle school, when Kaira had to go to another school. Kaaya liked being around Hruthi despite the absence of Kaira; it's not like they were uncomfortable around each other.

But things didn't work out between them. Kaaya was not sure if it was actually their ego problems or due to adolescence that they were going through. Kaaya despised it whenever Hruthi made fun of her fears in front of her peers. They even tried sorting out the problems that kept arising to continue the bond.

To be honest Kaaya came to know about Kaira after approaching Hruthi and becoming friends with her. Kaaya was happy with Hruthi, and she wanted the best for her. They had silly fights every now and then, but any one of them would blow it, and they'd end up not speaking to each other for a week until one of them was willing to make peace with the other.

There was a time when everybody would ask for the other whenever they passed through one of them. They were even asked if they were sisters since they hung around each other so much.

But at the end of the day, being done with Kaaya, Hruthi went to find a replacement, which was her new best friend Raktha. It hurt Kaaya to see her best friend happy with someone else. But then, they both knew very well that they would end up hurting each other if they continued their friendship.

It's basically that both of them never tried to look at the problems from the other's perspective. So, they gave up, and soon Kaaya became friends with anyone who approached her. She never approached anyone after what happened with Hruthi.

Kaaya knew herself better than anybody else, and she desired to improve certain behaviors before building strong relationships with others. She was well aware that she was partly to blame for her shattered friendship with Hruthi.

She discovered that most of her "such" characteristics were picked up by seeing the other classmates whom she had encountered. Kaaya seriously said it was time for some introspection and went silent for years until high school, which is when Kaira came back to the same school.

Kaira knew everything, and she wanted to be a mutual friend with both of them, which Kaaya appreciated since she didn't want Hruthi to misunderstand her for taking away Kaira. Since Kaira has lived next door to her since childhood. They had the best friendship. They would spend most of their time in each other's rooms. Now, they are being asked if they were sisters for the same reason as back then.