01

"I don't know what I'm doing wrong..." He mumbled those last few words.

After many attempts of going on dates with his girlfriend, my poor friend Luka just seems to have lost hope.

Now, here I am, for the 17th time this month. Yeah, I've been counting.

I placed my left hand on his shoulder trying to read his facial expression, though he seemed miserable either way. "You've put lots of effort into the relationship, but has she ever tried?"

He shook his head slowly. That's when I lightly smacked his back.

"Exactly! Look, you need to toughen up, she's always chasing after the model boy, and she always will be." I was using my hands to demonstrate at this point.

"She doesn't love you that way... It's a hard truth but I know it, and so does everyone else. Sooner or later she will hurt you Luka," He was finally making eye contact with me.

For a few seconds, I felt some tension, and then his nose sniffled.

"I don't want to see my best friend hurt.." saying that, I reached over to my right and grabbed a tissue, bringing it up to his nose where he took it and blew it on his own before crunching it up.

"Right then.. I guess, the next time she runs off
I'll confront her?" He looked at me again searching my eyes for an answer, and I nodded in response.

"For your own sake," I got up to stretch my arms before continuing. "I would just end it already."

I knew he didn't want that, he loved that girl dearly, but over time I've seen his mood drop and even his sister has noticed it.

His music feels different, his vibes seem off, and his grades have dropped. He's been a whole wreck ever since he fell in love with Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

The more I thought about it, the more lost in thought I became. I was deep in focus and almost lost my balance when the boat rocked suddenly.

'Right, I'm supposed to be leaving.'

I shook away my mind and hurried off of the houseboat. I held onto my backpack's straps as I walked home through the Parisian night.
I didn't realize how late it had gotten, and the street lights had already turned on.

"At Luka's again?" The voice of my dad immediately shot my head up as I walked through the front door.

"Yeah, just needed some advice."

I took my shoes and jacket off before walking into the kitchen where he sat on the countertop sipping on some coffee with nothing but the cooktop light on.

"What's with this set up?" A small chuckle escaped my lips, earning a glare from him as he looked over at me walking in.

"Just needed to part with reality for a moment." He continued drinking his coffee. "Work was a bit rough today, doesn't help that my boss is very needy and demanding."

A quick 'mm' sounded in my throat as I tried to pretend sounding interested. I then walked over to the fridge and opened it to find a box of pizza, deciding to grab a slice.

"Oh Ricky brought that, be sure to send him a thanks later." Richard was my dad's best friend, or so he says. "Will do." With that I microwaved it, grabbed a napkin, and set off towards my room.

As I sat on my bed criss-crossed eating my pizza and scrolling on my phone, thunder suddenly roared outside. I got up to look outside the window, and it was already raining pretty harsh.

'Damn, lucky I got home safe.'
While I was thinking of what could have happened if I got stuck in the rain, a ding came from my phone.

I turned and jumped onto my bed, checking it to see what it was. It was Luka.

Luk: Did you get home okay??

I smiled, he's always been such a caring guy.

Me: Yeah I did, got home 5 mins ago

Luk: Good to hear, oh and I thought about what you said, and you're right. Call?

Without a second thought I pressed the call button, I only had to wait a few seconds for him to pick up. I put him on speaker though so I could still munch on my pizza slice.

"What's up?" I mumbled with food in my mouth.

"Well, this weekend Kitty Section is going to have another rehearsal, and as usual I've invited Marinette to come." He spoke slowly, almost hesitant.

"She's going to be late, I just know it, so I'm going to try and ask her if we should even continue with our relationship. I'll see how it goes from there, and if it doesn't end well I really just want you to be there by my side."

That last part was said with confidence, so I thought about it before saying anything.

"Yeah, of course dude, whatever you need."
"Thanks, I'll see you tomorrow."
"Mhm"
Call ended

858 words
Sorry this was short, honestly the plot isn't too complex so this first chapter was just a lil starter for the next one