Chapter 13: Suited for Success

Rarity was showing her pet cat the design of a dress.

Rarity: Oh, Opalescence, can't you just picture it? Moi stepping out in a stunning new gown at the Grand Galloping Gala in Canterlot.

The white cat didn't seem interested and tried to sleep on one of Rarity's mannequins, but Rarity pulled the cloth she was sleeping on which caused Opalescence to fall and land on her feet

The white cat didn't seem interested and tried to sleep on one of Rarity's mannequins, but Rarity pulled the cloth she was sleeping on which caused Opalescence to fall and land on her feet. Rarity wrapped the cloth around herself and strided around her room.

Rarity: Why, yes, I did make it myself. Thank you so much for asking.

Rarity began to use her sewing machine, but she was sewing another piece of cloth Opalescence was trying to sleep on, which made the cat meow in annoyance.

Rarity: Oh, Opal, of course you can help me. Thank you.

Rarity placed Opal on the table and gave her a pincushion and the cat meowed again.

Rarity: What's that? You want to help me more? Oh, aren't you the sweetest thing?

Rarity gave Opal a bunch of other things to hold which made the cat almost fall over.

Rarity: Careful now. Don't move. This shouldn't take long at all.

There was a knock at Rarity's door.

Rarity: Who ever could that be?

Rarity went to answer the door and that's when Opal dropped everything. When Rarity answered the door, she was a little surprised to see Y/n there.

Rarity: Prince Y/n? Whatever are you doing here?

Y/n: Can we talk about this inside?

Rarity: Sure. Come on in.

Y/n stepped inside and let out a sigh.

Y/n: Do you remember a few weeks ago when you asked me to watch your sister and I agreed if you returned the favor somewhere down the road?

Rarity: I do.

Y/n: Well, I need that favor now. It doesn't bring me a lot of pride to say this, but I need you to make me a suit for the Grand Galloping Gala.

Rarity: Wait, really? You want me to make you a suit?

Y/n: Yeah. See, I usually wear armor to events like the Gala, but I can't remember where my old armor is and my blacksmith said my new armor won't be done until after the Gala.

Rarity: Well, I don't know why any sane pony or Prince would wear armor to a formal event, but it's not my place to judge. I shall make you an ensemble fit for a Prince. Any request?

Y/n: I don't usually wear suits, so my standards for them are pretty low. Just make it look good and make it go with my cape and crown.

Rarity: (bows) As you wish, your highness.