53. What the World Needs

i get up, (she gets up!)

and no one's gonna keep me down

"Absolutely not," Leona rejected, crossing his arms over his chest, your gaze darkened at his very blunt and quick rejection, had you not been so drained, you would've fired out some witty comment, but... you just didn't have it in you, and already did your head start to feel heavy like before...

Leona was intrigued to see your hair at its most natural form, no longer restrained in some hair style that set you apart, just you, he enjoyed the look. He would newer admit it, but he wouldn't deny that he enjoyed your wearing something that was tighter around the legs, why? You fill in the blanks.

You couldn't even spit out something about Leona's lack of decency, the lion was walking around without a shirt on, in front of guests now no less. Leona noticed your drowsy blinks, slumped shoulders and slightly messy hair, contrasting what you'd you usually pull up in. Just what happened to you these past few days?

His tail flicked in mild emotion as he examined your under the weather demeanor, when he discreetly sniffed the air around you, he could smell nothing but that dirty smell that sometimes follows you around, and a small hint... hospitals...? 

Oh right, this was what Crowley was yapping about.

"You didn't even think about it...!" Jack sputtered, defending your case, you rolled your suitcase to make it stand vertically next to you, the potion was stuffed into your messenger bag that sat on top of your suitcase. You were ready to sleep on the grass at this point.

"Hm, we don't allow pets into dorms, they shed like dogs," Leona rolled his eyes, putting a hand on his neck, looking at Grim, who wore an unpleased expression, stepping forward, the little tanuki head their head high as they made their defense clear.

"BULLSHIT! You guys shed more fur than me!" Grim yelled, they were NOT about to be sleeping on the streets like poor people! (Like Ruggie)

"That is that and this is this," Ruggie chuckled with a playful shrug, popping out of nowhere, wearing a much more decent outfit for the night, a simply grey t-shirt that well covered up till the upper top of his thighs. You noticed he was still handicapped from Leona's overblot, it made you vaguely think about the brief interactions you've had with him. From tying him up to saving him.

"We don't even have extra space, all of that is now just storage for junk," a small SpongeBob sound was made at that news, your frown deepened, well, if you wanted some place to sleep, you better start at least talking, you've talked to Leona before, so do it again.

"Of course thats an issue for you guys—"

"They can sleep in your room Leona!" Ruggie cut you off, a mad grin on his pale face at his own suggestion, you turned your head to the hyena, giving him a look of: WHAT.

"Hey Ruggie, watch that mouth if you don't want it seal shut." Leona growled, his gem eyes moving to the shorter sandy blonde male beside him, but Ruggie kept showing his canines, a mischievous expression on his face as he continues to make a solid point.

"Aww, but Leona, aren't you used to having attendants in your room? It could be the same here~?" Ruggie pushed, Leona stayed quiet, glaring harshly at the hyena male, you were slightly hopeful as Ruggie kept talking, you could tell this was just to get some workload off of him, but. You were desperate.

Desperate. Wow, can you even hear yourself?

"Think of it as a payment, you let them stay and in turn they just do some chores to help around while they stay. How about it huh?" Ruggie proposed, and when Leona opened his mouth to object, Ruggie was quick to cradle his injured arm, holding the cast like a newborn baby.