THIRTY-ONE

CAIN

Peter looked at us with rage filled eyes. "That was- He was clearly coached! Do you really expect me to believe that he's telling that truth while you're threatening him with a fucking collar around his neck? How am I supposed to know if that collar doesn't shock him when he does something you don't like?"

"Alright then, fine." I said as I turned to Zander and started to unbuckle his collar. He jolted away from me while holding the collar against his neck protectively.

"No!" He shouted, then looked down in shame. I barely caught him whispering, "Master, please don't take it off. Please."

"Baby, you need to trust me. As soon as he's gone it's going back on you and never has to come off again, I promise." I whispered while cupping his cheek. He didn't look happy about it but let me get the collar off of him.

He looked bare without the collar, it was a sight I wasn't used to seeing; a sight I never wanted to get used to. Zander clearly didn't like it either, rubbing at his neck.

"Stricta, please." Peter began, the nickname made Zander cringe. "He can't hurt you anymore, you can come home to me."

Zander's back straightened and his chest puffed as he glared down at Peter. "You're delusional!" He yelled, "Cain doesn't hurt me or threaten me, he loves me. He treats me with kindness, he doesn't lock me up when he thinks I'm lying. He doesn't force me to tell him I like it, he doesn't force me to do anything! Because that is what a mate does, Cain Gallo is my mate and is the one that I will be spending the rest of my life with. You disgust me Peter, you always have, and I will never think about you again. I will never fear you again, because my mate is going to protect me."

"Good boy puppy," I said while handing the collar back to him. I turned to Peter with a glare, "now what was it I promised you? Oh! Right, I'm going to kill you for the harm and pain you've caused my mate."

Peter scoffed, "As if you could kill me, you're just a weak human. I'm a werewolf and an alpha, it takes a lot to kill us."

"I may be a human but I am far from weak. I can have you killed with the snap of my fingers." He glared at me as I made a show of snapping my fingers.

I was grateful that Soren thought ahead and gathered everyone to be ready for that moment. Once I snapped my fingers, men came out from behind the walls of the top and bottom floors. All of them were holding guns, all pointed at Peter. "Wow, how stupid can you be? Werewolves can't be killed with human guns. I'll heal before the wound becomes fatal." He kept talking, gloating about how he wasn't going to die anytime soon. I ignored him and turned to Zander. He nodded at me with a small smile, one that didn't reach his eyes. He pulled out the gun I kept in our room and handed it to me with a kiss.

"You can't heal what you don't have, asshole." I said as I shot him in the neck before he could think of what to do next, my men started to fire shot after shot into his throat.

Once the sound of gunfire died down and it was safe to do so, Zander and I walked down the stairs to stand over Peter's body. He was struggling to breathe, hands grasping at his neck to try and stop the blood from flowing out. From what I could tell, his head was barely attached to his body from the damage to his neck, no amount of super healing was going to fix it.

"Do you have anything you want to say puppy? Anything at all, no rules."

Zander cautiously nodded and knelt down beside Peter. "I can't count how many times I've dreamt of this moment. The moment that you're dying in front of me, where I finally gained the courage to stop you from ruining my life more than you already have. I dreamt about what I would say, where we would be, how I would do it. I dreamt about smothering you while you slept, putting wolfsbane in your food, or biting off your dick while you-" He stopped and shuddered in disgust. "Watching you die right now, right here, it's a dream come true for me. I will never think of you ever again after you die, but I will think about this moment. How I feel so relieved, a massive weight has been lifted off my shoulders with your death. Rot in hell you piece of shit." He finished, spitting on Peter's limp body,

Zander looked up at me with pleading eyes, I gently pulled him up and held him close. I pressed my foot on Peter's neck, I was sure that he was already dead but I didn't want to take any chances. My bare foot squished and became slick with blood, it finished the job the bullets didn't take care of.