PROLOGUE

Promise, a declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen.

Individuals often make commitments to their loved ones, including friends, family members, or romantic partners.

Consider the interaction between these two boys.

"Jay," the older one said, prompting the younger to turn his attention toward him. The younger boy responded with a soft 'hum.'

"I wish to make a promise with you."

"What is it, Hoonie?"

"When we are older, I want to be by your side until our hair turns gray. In essence, I want to marry you."

Jay felt a rush of warmth at Sunghoon's words.

"I desire to be with you as well, but what if our parents do not approve? Especially mine, as they are abusive towards me."

"We will escape together and begin a new life as husbands."

"Promise?" the younger boy inquired, extending his pinky finger, which Sunghoon then intertwined with his. "Promise."

Promise

Promise

Promise

If only it were possible to solidify promises, ensuring there would be no grounds for their violation.

Five Months Later

Summer, the season Jay detests the most. He had intended to go out with Sunghoon, so he made his way to their residence and knocked on the door.

"Sunghoon? Hoonie?" Despite calling out and knocking several times, there was no response from within.

"Jay? What brings you here?" an elderly woman inquired. "I’m looking for my friend Sunghoon; we had plans to go out together," Jay replied.

"Didn’t you hear? They departed yesterday."

That day marked the moment when Jay's heart was irrevocably shattered.

Promise.

It was also the day he ceased to believe in the concept of "Promise."

Days turned into weeks, weeks into months, and months into years. He waited and waited, clinging to the hope of his return, but gradually, that hope faded. The longer he waited, the more he felt himself losing vibrancy.

I wanna change the story line cuz why not?