{19}

AUTHOR'S POV

"Singhania, sirf 2 minute hain. Say whatever you want to say, okay?"
(Singhania, you have only 2 minutes.)

Aarav smiled at Jeia after hearing this. She made a face, gesturing for him to go on.

"Okay, so first things first. I didn't send your photo to the college group, and I didn't write that message," Aarav began, speaking quickly.
"I agree that I clicked that picture from your album and kept it with me, but trust me, I haven't posted it. I know I don't have any proof to prove my innocence right now, but I am being truthful, Jeia."

He spilled it all out in one breath, his words tumbling over each other. Jeia just stared at him, her expression unreadable.

"Say something," Aarav urged.

"You've got to prove your innocence because how can you expect me to believe you when all we've done these four years is fight and dislike each other? And on top of that, it was literally your number. It can't be someone else unless someone stole your phone, which isn't the case," she replied, her voice steady but filled with skepticism. She walked away

I'll find out who did and make it right.",aarav said to himself with a determination

During the break

AARAV'S POV

Sameer approached me and asked, "So, did you talk to her?"

"Yes, finally she decided to listen," I replied, glancing at Jeia who was sitting in the foyer, engrossed in conversation.

"How did it go?" he asked.

"I told her, but I still have to prove my innocence," I said, averting my eyes from her.

"Of course, Aarav. It's not like you two were best friends that she'd just trust you right away," Sameer remarked.

Her words kept echoing in my mind. She wasn't wrong. Suddenly, her last sentence struck a chord.

"Sameer, what if someone actually took my phone for a while and did this?" I suggested.

"Damn, yes, that could have happened," Sameer agreed

He looked ahead and muttered, "That bastard! Shit, yes."

I followed his gaze, wondering who he was referring to.

I spotted Rohan chatting with Jeia, or rather, attempting to flirt with her.

"Remember, Aarav, you had an argument with that bastard over Jeia that night at the club," Sameer reminded me.

I nodded, fixing my gaze on both of them in front of me.

"When you came out, you mentioned you forgot your phone. I went back inside to retrieve it for you, and guess where I found your phone? Beside that bastard," Sameer added, referring to Rohan.

I shifted my gaze towards Sameer.

"So, I think he might have done it to take revenge. I could be wrong, but I have a strong feeling about this," Sameer continued.

"That son of a bitch.", I said marching towards Rohan but Sameer stopped me

"Arey bhai ruk ja kya kar raha hai.",Sameer intervened, grabbing my arm firmly.
(Hey wait, what are you doing?)

"I'm going to punch that jerk," I replied sharply.

"No, Aarav. We don't have any proof to back our claim," Sameer reasoned urgently.

"If you go and hit him now, things could get worse. We need evidence, remember?"

I paused, frustration simmering within me. Reluctantly, I stepped back, nodding in reluctant agreement.