I - Hello, Goodbye

The darkness and fireworks were Leda's last concern as she hung out her clothes in the backyard.
The ashes could end up in the garden and incinerate some clothes, but after all she deserved it. She had gone out in the evening forgetting to let the clothes dry during the afternoon!
Despite the unusual time and the continuous blasts accompanied by colour-changing explosions, Leda hummed to herself and found her peace.

"Hello hello, I don't know why you say 'goodbye', I say 'hello'..."

Soon her calm, seemingly unbreakable, was ripped apart like an exam sheet bearing a scarlet "F".
Something unidentified tore through the atmosphere like a wild torpedo headed straight for her.

"Hello, hello, I don't know wh-AAAAAH!"

A blow slightly weaker than an elbow nudge soon intensified throughout her body, causing her to lose her balance. A cloud of smoke spread through the air as Leda fell.

"Ow, ow, ow..."

The smoke not only blurred her vision, but it was likely that she was hallucinating. How could there be a lanky human figure sitting on the lawn, also recovering from a fall?
Whatever was in that cloud had to be some hard stuff, for Leda heard the murmur of a baritone voice.

"Why did I go out today of all days? The firecrackers mess up my echolocation"

Leda cleared her throat, hoping to get the man's attention across the haze. Fear and rationality seemed to flow away from her body as the young woman rose and walked through the cloud.

"Um... are you okay?"

"Yes, thank you"

The man's voice was deep and sweet as a fine wine. It was familiar, but she didn't understand why. Just as she didn't understand what had happened. Was she hit by a firework? If so, the afterlife had to be strangely similar to the courtyard of her house, as she still felt the same grass under her and vaguely distinguished the clothesline and the trees. What if she had somehow survived the blow? Nonetheless, her first instinct was to help that man, whether he was an angel, a hallucination or simply the punk who threw a firework at her.

"May I help you?"

The answer came from the contact with cold, lanky fingers. But what was she doing? What was happening? Where did that compassionate impulse towards a total stranger come from?
The words that the mystery man had uttered a few minutes before echoed in her head.

"The firecrackers mess up my echolocation"

What did he mean? A pyrotechnician doesn't use echolocation to fire. Much less an angel. It was definitely another symptom of that phantasmagoria. Echolocation is what bats use to orient themselves as they fly. But whatever entity stood in front of Leda certainly wasn't a bat. If it was, it had mutated into a humanoid, like... a vampire?
The fog was beginning to dissipate. The odds of her being face-to-face with a vampire were the same as those of swooping in

"BRIAN MAY!?"