Episode 4

Jennie loved working on her new novel when Nick went to work. It was a mystery, crime novel she was writing and she was every bit invested in it. 

However, whenever she would get tired, or her mind would be fogged, she would go out to the neighborhood park, and sit on a bench that was right under a tree. It was one of the coziest places she had found out, and soon, made it as her second home.

Jennie would sometimes sit there for hours with nothing on her mind. She liked the sound of trees rustlings, the neighborhood kids playing at a distance with their dogs, and the silence...It was a serene silence. One that you would get when you're all alone in the world with nothing to care or worry about.

But in retrospect, Jennie hated it. She hated the silence as much as the peacefulness to it. She felt suffocated. Looking around her, she often wished she could run far away from everything she ever built and create a new life for herself.

She wasn't sure why she felt that way, and why she wasn't opening up about her feelings to Nick, but as soon as she would get home, she would regret every single feeling and thought she would procure at the park. She hated herself to the point of no return.

Her thoughts would keep her up at night, and she would end up pacing the living room like a ghost. She would make herself some tea sometimes to calm herself down, or cry on the couch while watching some random TV channel. 

Jennie hid her tears and sadness from Nick, because she didn't want him to feel as if she didn't love him or care about him. Perhaps it was just a phase she was going through...it could be that she hadn't gotten used to moving in at their new home.

Now that she remembered, she still hadn't unpacked some of the boxes yet. There were still tightly closed and scattered in different rooms.

Maybe once she gets home, she could finish unpacking the rest. She wanted to do that with Nick, but he suddenly became so busy. He would come home tired and she wouldn't feel like giving him any other work. 

Jennie eventually went back home with her train of thoughts. As she stepped inside, she inhaled deeply and wished, that just for tonight, her feelings and thoughts would go numb.

She wanted to smile genuinely at Nick tonight, make him a genuine dish, and give him a genuine kiss before they went to sleep.