03 - What's a Horanghae?

'What do you want your colour theme to be?'

'Uhh-' Lily slumped back in her seat quietly in thought as Hansol waited for her to continue, Jeonghan resting in his seat beside her, 'Maybe... red and hints of yellow and white- like the Flash.'

'The Flash?'

'Yeah... he's my favourite comic book- superhero.' Lily's voice seemed to lower significantly towards the end of her sentence as she cleared her throat nervously, wondering if that had been an overly childish thing to announce suddenly. Lily waited for another silent moment, hoping someone would say something... anything- to spare her from her moment of possible embarrassment.

'Jeonghan-shi!'

Lily almost jolted in her seat at the sudden squeal, furrowing her brows together tightly when glancing over to the direction of the windows in their classroom, facing the outside hallway, a row of 11th and 12th grade girls looking as though they were about to claw their way in through the window.

Abigail was currently organising her blue-themed stationary on her desk whilst Joshua reorganised her books and Seungkwan fiddled with little blue stickers to decorate the wooden surface of her desk. She glanced up when she heard the noise, both girls entirely confused at what was going on, whilst the boys barely spared a glance in that direction, almost as if they were used to his strange behaviour.

'Is that... normal?' Abi questioned quietly, glancing up at Joshua who stood in front of her, making him chuckle quietly in amusement.

'They're here for Jeonghan.' He responded, making Hansol chortle and shake his head in sheer disbelief.

'His fan-club.' Hansol laughed, helping to rearrange Lily's hangul writing worksheets whilst she couldn't help but stare at the crowds, as if wondering if they were being truthful or merely joking with them.

'God- I feel like I just got transported into Boys over Flowers.'

'Eojjeomyeon geudeuldo geuleohge saeng-gaghal sudo issseubnida.' (Maybe they think so too)

Jeonghan muttered nonchalantly, almost as if he was unbothered by their entire crowded presence, tilting his head up from his sketchbook to glance over at them as they squealed and giggled completely out of control. He smiled, raising his hand to wave in their direction as the screams rang so incredibly loud, Lily could have sworn she almost shattered an eardrum. She tilted her head aside to cover Jeonghan's face from the view of his 'fan-club' when glancing up at his eyes and tracing the features on his face,

'Nae mal-eun... jom yeppeuji anh-a?' (i mean... isn't he kind of pretty?)

Lily responded, suddenly coming out with a phrase she most likely had learnt from watching 'Boys over Flowers' during her 12-hour flight to South Korea, as the four boys in the room suddenly fell silent and turned to face Lily. In the moment she had realised that they were all directly staring at her, she yanked her head aside to glance ahead of the classroom and sank back in her seat with her lips pursed tightly together,

'Never mind.' She gulped awkwardly,

'Jom yeppeuji anh-a~' (isn't he kind of pretty~)

Hansol teased, copying her words in a playfully childish tone as Lily kicked his foot from under her desk, forcing him to chortle and shuffle the side of his foot against her own, as if purposefully teasing her as much as he possibly could in their time together.

'Ya- wae ileohge iljjigbuteo paendeul-i jul-eul seoneun geoyeyo?' (hey, why are the fans lining up so early?)

Soonyoung puffed, brushing the individual strands of his hair back into place over his forehead when exhaling a sigh of a relief as Seokmin violently yanked the door close, locking it from the inside to avoid a wave of fangirls swarming into their homeroom.