Case 6: Information about the seven victims

August returned to the station around eleven. As his subordinates greeted the young inspector, they also frowned in confusion. Who was the young man carrying his bag and following the inspector?

"Has Lieutenant Khem returned yet?"

"Not yet, Inspector."

"If you come back, please inform me."

"Understood."

August walked to his own office. When he sat down at the table, the young man following him also sat down on the sofa. How many times did Thup yawn? He still didn't sleep, and in addition, all morning, he was dragged everywhere, having to face several terrifying events. His body began to feel exhausted, and he wasn't going to be able to take it anymore.

"Inspector, can I sleep here, in front of you?"

"Do what you want."

"Thank you," Thup bowed his head before leaning back on the couch. He lay on his side and turned to look at whoever was working with a serious expression, flipping through papers and staring at the computer screen. He just looked at it for about half an hour, until his eyelids slowly closed.

Singha heard steady breathing, looked up and saw the problem child sleeping peacefully. A pair of sharp eyes turned around. Looking again at the document in his hand and the email sent from the cloud, he tried to compare the similarities and differences in the patterns of the cases between ten years ago, five years ago, and the case happening now. If I were to only think about the killer choosing his victims based on their religion, he would have to be careful across the country so that the victims were not his target. August looked back at the young man lying on the sofa with a soft gaze.

Previously, Thup had said that as a child, he had seen spirits that resembled the murder victims. If true, a case like this may have happened before.

As much as another ten years ago, or not?

He picked up the black phone and called Mek again, after a while, he heard the voice at the end of the line.

[Now what do you need?]

"Has something like this happened before?"

[What are you talking about?]

"The seven murders, have you ever had a case like this before?"

[Wait a moment.] He heard the sound of the keyboard and after a while, the voice on the other end of the line rang again once. [There was a similar case fifteen years ago, but that time the criminal was captured.]

Singha was surprised. "Where did the incident occur that time? And who was the culprit?"

[It happened in Phuket, the culprit was a fisherman. His DNA was found on one of the deceased's fingernails. There was also DNA that matched the rope used in the murder. When the incident occurred five years later, investigators concluded it was a copycat. But the culprit has not been caught yet.] Singha frowned until they almost came together into a bun. The more he thought about it, the stranger the whole thing seemed to him.

"Send me all the details. It may all be related to this case."

[Maybe, but you better be careful. In both cases there were officers who died in unexpected accidents. And since the case was not closed, no one dared to continue investigating.]

"Um, just send me the information." Then he asked the name of the prison where the criminal from fifteen years ago was.

[Okay, I will inform the commander.]