2. Trust

Rayyan

She looked surprised, blinking profoundly when I offered her my help to remove her accessories. I wasn't sure why I offered her assistance when never in my twenty-eight years of living I held any feminine accessories. But something in me wanted to spend time with her more at whatever cost, I didn't want the night to end especially when she took a step forward.

"Sure then, Can you help me unpin my head scarf first? All these metal broches are poking my head" she asked further explaining the favor.

"Sure" was all I could muster to say.

She started removing her bangles carefully placing them on the carpet floor, balling my fists I supported my weight on my knees to have a better look at the scarf, it looked clean no sign of pins poking out. No wonder she couldn't remove it.

"I can't see any pins, Princess. Can you point, where they are pinching?" she looked up and nodded.

Pointing her index finger somewhere below her left ear and waited, as I slouched down a little to get a better vision tapping lightly over the fabric to feel the hard pin, my finger lightly touched the metal which was neatly hidden beneath a broch. I unpinned the sparkly broch and there were two pins they resembled a needle in many ways except they were tiny. I started carefully removing them not realizing how close we got.

As both pins came out her scarf loosened and I felt her breathing out in relief, taking a peek at her I was surprised to see her eyes closed, she was breathing calmly her lips slightly apart. My gaze fell on the pile of bangles that she had successfully removed earlier.

I slowly shifted my side to her right ear where there was another broche shining in all its glory, I carefully removed it discovering two more pins similar to the earlier ones, as I cautiously removed them her scarf loosened once again but it didn't loosen completely. Searching for more broaches but couldn't find anymore so I had no other option but to ask her.

"Are these all princesses?" to which she shook her head pointing out at the back of her head, which looked too plain. All I could see was the white fabric sitting beautifully.

"I don't see anything there though?" I questioned her to which she opened her eyes, only then I realized how close I was. Hovering over with one knee on the floor. She calmly looked at me though she seemed surprised at the nearness.

"That's the point, My Knight!" her eyebrows rose as if challenging me

"What's the point in hiding pins when they are hurting you? And you don't even need them" It felt unreasonable to hide them when I knew my wife could look breathtaking with a simple head cover.

"You must protect your wife from any potential harm my dear husband!" her aura changed as she said those words but her lips never smiled.

"Then don't mind me doing just that princess, I will have you come closer dear wife!" I said moving her head further closer to me only this time her face came near my chest as I scanned the fabric only to find several tiny pins beneath the shiny fabric. I got so consumed in the task that I didn't even realize when her head rested on my chest.

"You shouldn't wear these princesses, what if one of them penetrated through your skin?" I said to which she chuckled lightly, her soft giggles made my heart race.

"I won't have to wear this around you anymore Rayyan!" she said removing the fabric and for the first time in forever I saw her hair. She loosened her braids combining her fingers through her rich black hair shining as they flowed with the breeze. My breathing swallowed as she made eye contact with me.

"You are my husband, and you have all my trust in you Rayyan" She blinked softly holding my hands.

"Ya Allah, Allhamdulliah" (O Allah, Thank you, Allah)

I said bowing down in prostration, my eyes flowing with fresh tears as I kept on repeating the same words over and over again.

Sofia

Rayyan looked stunned which was expected but him prostrating and thanking Allah while weeping like a small kid surprised me too.

"Rayyan ap ro kyu rahay hain?"
(Rayyan why are you crying?)

I asked patting his back softly, his sobbing increased and he was only saying one-word "Allhamdullilah" as he shivered rapidly. Not knowing what to do I just sat there silently letting him cry rubbing his back occasionally still confused. Soon his breathing steadied as he lifted his head looking at me with puffy eyes.

His lashes were drenched as well as some parts of his facial hair. "May I kiss you princess? Please" he asked like a kid who wanted candies for free. 'Who would believe he is the strongest knight of our kingdom?' regardless I nodded in approval.

"Thank you!" he said gently holding my face in his hands which were slightly cold from earlier when he prostrated. Placing a gentle kiss on my temple I closed my eyes unknowingly feeling at peace. I was weirdly calm around him. Why wasn't my heart panicking or what about the butterflies and sparkles everyone said people get?

"I love you, princess, I have loved you since the day we returned from the war nine years ago, and I loved you even when we were little kids playing around with the late king Azur. I'm sorry for how I have been behaving until now, but I was nervous. I never imagined to marry you. I was more than happy being the knight that I am. But when you said you trust me as your husband and... I can't put it in words. I will do everything in my power to protect you from now onwards..." he stopped for a while looking at me his eyes softened further as he spoke

"mein apko ye shan-o-shokat to nahe desakta, magar jab tak zinda hu wada hai apse mukhlis rahunga"
(I can't provide you with this lavish lifestyle, but I promise to stay faithful to you as long as I live)

"Agar ap mukhlisi ka wada kartay hain, to me bhi wafa nibhaugi. Apse pyar to nahe karti hu filhal magar ye izzat mujhay bata rahi hain k jald wo bhi hojyga"
(If you promised to be faithful, then I promise to also be truthful to you too. I don't love you right now, but this honor is telling me that it will happen soon too)

He looked pleased with my answer lightly kissing my temple again. Soon we decided to finally call it a night and made our way towards the bed this time together. Under the same comforter after closing all the lamps. The room bloomed with the moonlight he placed his hand on my hair whispering "Good Night Dear Wife"

I smiled brushing off the fact that he would call me anything but my name "Good night Rayyan!"

To be Continued...