Illua:1

The whitenoise of the fan whirrs on, as Malia works on the digital blueprint on the holo-screen. 02:35AM... Tiredness drags their mind as they continue to draw.
"Malia? Mmmaaaaallliiiiaaaa~?" A familiar monotone voice comes from the speaker "Hm?" Looking at the holo-screen, their eyes were greeted by the face of Chie, with a noticable look of concern towards Malia "You need to go to sleep, I know you want to continue with working on the blueprint but-"
Just as Chie was explaining , Malia interupts knowing where she was going "No, you're right, I just... I think the stress is getting to me." They lower their gaze, feeling the guilt weigh on them "I know dad would want me to be safe if he found out, but I know him... He'll want to strongarm if he finds out" Wiping their eyes, Malia thinks back to every time them and their siblings were doing tasks and their father taking over majority of the work. "I know he loves us all- hell, that's why he's desperate to find Stella and Lithop, I love he's wanting all of us to be a happy family again, but he takes it way too far, he takes it all on. I just don't want him to think that this is something he has to shelter me from."

Chie looks at Malia with a smile "so you keep it to yourself and keep it secret from everyone else?" Malia's eyes widen as their face starts to flush red, Chie chuckles "Hypocrisy much? I know you want him to not intervene, but you can't just keep something like this entirely to yourself, why not tell someone?" Malia hides their face in their hands, hoping Chie to end this conversation "You aren't going to get out of this that easily Mal. Hmm... How about a deal?"
As Malia hears this, the blush fading as they look up and sighing with a smile forming on their lips "A'ight, what you got?"
Chie chuckles, seeing an opening for a trap "Either, we talk about this, or... You got to bed and TRY to go to sleep?"
They look each other in the eyes, after a while Malia looks away with the smile sticking on their face "I'll go to bed, I don't mind talking about it, but I'd rather have at least some energy runnin' in my noggin, before I do. Plus... I would rather have time to both: figure out how to word it to everyone else, and... I'd rather get the upcoming part of the loop sorted, got it?"

Chie nods and waves goodbye, as Malia stands, the holo-screen turns off with a soft jingle. Silence rings throughout the workshop, as they look around "...This is gonna be a long event, huh? Don't know where you are, but I know you're there... Curious on how, but not going to question it now, I need to go. So leave before I force you..." Malia walks towards the stairs, with an expectant expression "Not leaving?" They sigh and grip on to the banister, making their knuckles go white "Fine, you asked for it" Malia raises their hand and gets ready to snap their... Finger... wait Malia waitwaITWAITWAITWAIT ILL-