~

~

  As the days turned into weeks, Y/N and Bakugou's after-school fry ritual became an unexpected constant in both their lives. At first, their interactions were tense and filled with competitive banter, but gradually, a unique bond began to form.

One particularly stressful day, Y/N arrived at the store looking visibly upset. Bakugou, already there with his bag of fries, noticed her red-rimmed eyes.

"Oi, what's wrong with you?" he asked gruffly, but there was a hint of concern in his voice.

Y/N hesitated, then sighed. "Just a rough day at school. Failed a big test."

Bakugou was quiet for a moment, then thrust his bag of fries at her. "Here. Take these."

Y/N blinked in surprise. "But... they're yours. You got here first."

"Just take them, dammit," Bakugou growled. "I'll get the next batch."

As they sat in the park later, Bakugou reluctantly offered, "What subject was it? The test you failed."

"Chemistry," Y/N admitted. "I just can't seem to get it."

Bakugou scoffed. "That's because you're not studying right. Listen up, I'm only gonna explain this once..."

To Y/N's amazement, Bakugou launched into a detailed explanation of chemical bonding, using salt and ketchup packets as visual aids. His teaching style was blunt and sometimes abrasive, but undeniably effective.

From that day on, their fry meetings often turned into impromptu study sessions. Bakugou, for all his grumbling, seemed to enjoy showing off his knowledge, and Y/N found her grades improving steadily.

In return, Y/N helped Bakugou in her own way. She had a knack for diffusing tense situations and helping him communicate more effectively with others. When Bakugou ranted about conflicts with his classmates, Y/N listened patiently and offered insights that, grudgingly, he admitted were helpful.

One day, as they were walking home from the store, a group of rough-looking teens approached them, eyeing Y/N's bag of fries.

"Hey, pretty girl," one of them leered. "How about sharing those fries?"

Before Y/N could respond, Bakugou stepped in front of her, his palms crackling with small explosions. "Back off, extras, before I blast you into next week."

The group quickly retreated, and Y/N turned to Bakugou with a smile. "My hero," she teased.

"Shut up," Bakugou muttered, his cheeks slightly pink. "I just didn't want to share my fries with those losers."

Y/N laughed, nudging him with her shoulder. "Sure, sure. Thanks, Bakugou."

As they continued walking, a comfortable silence fell between them. Y/N realized that somewhere along the way, their rivalry had transformed into a friendship – unconventional and often prickly, but genuine nonetheless.