Abby Whitetaker

"Hey Annie!" I call running up to my best friend 

"You know not to call me Annie!" Annabeth groans as she shuts her locker.

 "I here there's a new guy at school today, I bet you 20 bucks he'll flirt with you and you'll break his nose" I say. She seem really happy today for some reason. 

"Okay 20 bucks it is, to class" she says and we were off to class.

I was surprised she accepted the bet but I didn't mind money. We were listening to the teacher drone on and on when some one knocked and walked in. "You must be the new kid Percy Jackson."Mr. Smith says and he nods a smirk on his face. The girls were swooning over him but he seemed unfazed as his eyes searched for someone.

 "Alright rest of the class you can mingle with the new student" Mr. Smith says

I look at the new kid and he was hot! Like majorly but I figured he was a player so didn't get my hopes up. My suspicions were solidified as he made a beeline for Annabeth. Everyone watched interested in the new guys approach and go watch him get humiliated.

"Hey, I like your sweatshirt." he smirked.

It was too big for her, it said Goode swim team and had Jackson across the back. "It's not mine sorry, but could you stop flirting." she growls not looking up from her book.

 "But it's such a nice sweatshirt, where did you get it?" He asked ignoring her. 

"It's my boyfriends so back off" she says angrily looking ready to punch him.

 "So you stole it from me?" He asks. Wow the nerve of that guy, he was asking for it!

"No! You're not my boyfriend you stupid pig-headed idiot of a j-" she stopped as she looked up at him and grinned. "Seaweed Brain!" She yelled and jumped up kissing him. 

He kissed back "Took you long enough wise girl, and you did steal it from me" he said pointing to the sweatshirt. Everyone was super surprised especially me. From that day on I remained best friends with Annabeth and Percy.

That's how I met Percabeth