He's Here

Chat let out a sigh when him and his father enter the hallway. 

Chat B - look I know I'm the last person you want to hear any relationship advice about but please just listen to me.

Chat - Alright. 

Chat B - Look Marinette loves you a lot son. She literally cried her heart out to your mother. I know this is a stupid question but do you love her?

Chat - Of course I do.

Chat B - That's not want she thinks.  Chat the last thing I want is for you to go down the same path as me.

Chat straighten up when he heard his father say that.

Background when chat was around 12 years old his mother had found out that his father was having a 2 week affair with a woman he was working with.

When Emily found out she went ballistic on him. She destroyed the whole house and packed her and his clothes up and left for 4 months.

It took Chat Blanc 6 months to convince Emily to stay with him. He really loved her and didn't want her to go. Emily had told him in order for her to stay her name had to be on everything he owned.

Without any hesitation Chat Blanc did everything Emily wanted him to do. He even made a prenup saying if he were to ever cheat again than Emily could take everything he had.

When Chat found out what his father did he hated him. He didn't want to be around him and he would say hurtful things to him.

Chat and his father didn't have a good relationship until he got Lila pregnant.  If it wasn't for his father he would have never seen his son or would have never gotten full custody of him. Not only that but because of his father he had everything he needed to support his family and his lifestyle.

Chat B - Chat please don't be like me. I was always on business trip working leaving you and mother alone at home. I always put my job before you and your mother. I didn't know how much I truly loved her until I almost lost her. Do you want to lose Marinette?

Chat - No.

Chat B - Do you want your relationship to go down the same path as me and your mother?

Chat - No.

Chat B - Good I'm pretty sure if you do the same thing I did to your mother with Marinette Louis will hate you as much as you hated me.

Chat never wanted his son to treat him like he did his father. He had put him through hell and back. He hurt his father so dad that they both had to go to therapy.

Chat run his fingers through his hair when he realized that his father was right.

Chat - Dad I love her so much I really do.

Chat B - Than show her that. Stop putting work before your family let her know that her, Louis, and your new soon to he born son that their everything to you.

Chat - I will thank you.

After he said that he gave his father a hug. The two stop hugging when Emily came outside.