Vol 3 Prologue + Ch 18: Operation "Save The NEET"

– Dear Father, Mother.

It should be getting cold in your world. Are you doing well?

"Defendant, Satou Kazuma. In review of your repeated and inhumane actions..."

Is the snow starting to melt in the world over there?

Is my younger brother doing okay?

"And your actions that obviously disrupt the peace of the town..."

I hope everyone's doing well.

"The jury concludes that the argument of the prosecutor is adequate."

I'm doing well in this world too–

"I find the accused guilty and hereby–"

So, I beg forgiveness from both of you...

"– sentence you to death."

This unfilial son who's now a criminal.

Ch 18: Operation "Save The NEET"

Adventurer's Guild | Present Day | Axel

There used to be a high bounty target feared by people all over the world. No one knows who came up with the name, but it's known as...

The Mobile Fortress Destroyer.

Thanks to Kazuma's brilliant command, him and his party took down that infamous bounty target not to long ago.

And right now, to collect the bounty reward for bringing down the Destroyer, he came to the Adventurer's Guild, but–

???: "Adventurer Satou Kazuma! You're under suspicion of committing subversion of the nation! Please come along with us!"

The situation took a weird turn.

Kazuma: "Eh... May I ask who you are? Or rather, what does 'Subversion of the nation' mean? I just came here to collect my payout."

He timidly asked the seriously looking woman before him.

The rowdy guild was dead silent because of what the woman accompanied by knights said.

Sena: "I'm a prosecutor of the Kingdom, Sena. Subversion of the nation literally means committing an act that undermines the authority of the nation. We suspect that you're either a terrorist or a minion of the Demon King's army."

The woman with long brown hair said as she glared at me with stern eyes.

She had that air of an intelligent beauty that gave the impression of a secretary.

After hearing Sena say that, Aqua shouted.

Aqua: "Ehh? Hey, Kazuma, what trouble did you stir up this time? What crimes did you commit while I wasn't looking! Apologize right now! I'll apologize together with you, so do it quick!"

Kazuma: "Are you an idiot! There's no way I would commit such crimes! In the first place, we spend most of our time together! There's no way you wouldn't know if I did anything!"

As he was scolding Aqua, Megumin said:

Megumin: "Wait a minute, did you get the wrong person? Kazuma does commit minor infractions like sexual harassment from time-to-time, but he doesn't have the guts to commit such a major crime."