-43-

Taehyung sat on a chair, his head buried in his hands. He promised Hanni that he would take care of her safety and her family if she helps him. Hanni got injured and she is alive but he is worried about her asking the questions about her family and then he will not be able to give her any answer.

Next to him, Y/n paced back and forth, her eyes wide with shock and disbelief. Jimin stood by the window, staring out into the dark night, Jimin was the one who helped her reach the hospital as quickly as possible.

Hanni lay in the room behind them, unconscious.

Y/n's voice broke the silence, her words tinged with a mix of horror and confusion. She didn't know who Hanni was, Taehyung didn't tell her side of the story, but Jimin did.

"How could he do this? And why did you not tell me what he did to her? Like how can dad even-,” Her voice trembled as she spoke, tears welling in her eyes. "I never imagined..."

Taehyung lifted his head. He reached out and took Y/n's hand, trying to offer some comfort. "I didn't want to give you all the shocks at once.”

Jimin turned away from the window, "I'm not surprised," he said flatly. He suddenly felt like he ignored all his father’s red flags.

His father would say Jimin is like him when he was young. And Jimin thought that it was a compliment but right now he was not feeling disgusted that his father was even seeing his younger self in Jimin.

Jimin remembers telling his father how he finds it hard to be serious with one girl. And his father straight up told him to just get good at hiding. And that he doesn't need to be loyal to one girl. He only needs to pretend as if he is loyal, he needs to get good at hiding. Jimin thought his father was joking.

But Jimin doesn't want to be like that. He doesn't want to be like his father. He should stop following his footsteps then.

Y/n looked at her brother. "He's always been a monster, hiding behind his fakeness.”

Jimin sighed, running a hand through his hair and just looked at Hanni. “He can't get away like this.”

“He will not.” Taehyung tightened his grip on Y/n's hand, his voice barely above a whisper. “I think we should leave, I need to do something.”

Taehyung stood up, Y/n was still upset. It was not easy for her to find out the darker part of her father.

Taehyung noticed her and as they came out of the hospital room he side hugged her. “She is fine, don't worry.”

“You think it's fine for us to be like this? He made someone k!ll Hanni’s family and tried to k!ll Hanni. What if he harms you next?” Y/n asked.

“He will not try to mess with me again. Don't worry about me. But I should have been more careful. I wasn't able to protect her family or Hanni. I was more worried about her and somehow neglected her family.” He said, with a hint of sadness.

“It's not your fault, stop blaming yourself.”

“You okay? Did Chaeryeong say something to you earlier?” Taehyung asked. Y/n shook her head and then sighed.

“Me and Chaeryeong never had any serious fights. We were always close, how can she think I am her enemy? She treats me like everything is my fault, her life is like this because of me.” She said,

“We both know who is manipulating her right?” He exclaimed. Y/n crossed her arms.

“She is tired of this marriage, there is no reason for her to be in all this.” She said she knows that Jungkook is the reason why everyone in her family is against her right now.
___