Daughters of Eve

Once upon a time, there were two mothers, one was rich and the other one was poor. The rich mother was a young woman who recently became a mom with her newborn child. She was a housewife and had been wedded for about a year to a loving husband who works for his family and gives her everything she wanted. Meanwhile, the poor mother was a single mom and was raising a rebellious teenage daughter on her own. Despite this, she was known in their town for being hardworking and independent. 

After giving birth, the rich mom soon returned home with her new born child. Then the husband told her, "I would soon hire a helper so you would have someone with you to take care of the house and our baby while I'm away." The wife just nodded in agreement while her husband kissed her forehead.

That afternoon, a senior staff from the municipal building came running to the cafeteria. "Where is she, your mother?" she asked the teenage daughter. "Mom is busy in the kitchen, why?" she replied, but the senior staff bypassed her to get to her mother.

"I've got good news! Another part time job for you" she exclaimed at the woman. "I know you needed bigger income." And the poor mother accepted the job of being a helper.

They next day, she was introduced to the rich mother and started working at the residence. However, her teenage daughter refused to work at the cafeteria and instead kept following her mother there. "It's okay, she's your daughter after all" the rich mother said, allowing the daughter to enter their residence as well. 

Their daily routine began smoothly, where the poor mother helped with house chores while the rich mom just focused on her newborn. They would go home before sunset and would come back again at sunrise the next day. After they leave, the rich woman would prepare the table for her husband and they would eat dinner together. The husband on the other hand would help take care of their baby throughout the night so his wife could rest. 

But then, something disturbing was about to happen. 

The rebellious daughter became involved with a creepy guy. This man stalked her to their house and with huge unblinking eyes watched her from outside their gate. When her mother found out, she told her daughter not to come out of their house. Even though their house was old and almost about to collapse, she'd always been confident of the tall and sturdy fences and gates of their residence. However, after a while when her mother left, and seeing as the creepy man was no longer outside, the daughter followed her mom to her work.

She found her mother with the rich lady in the grocery store. Her mother was livid because she didn't listen again when she was told to stay in their house. Suddenly, the creepy man was lurking near them. The poor mother hurriedly suggested to the rich mother to go back home.

When they got there, she pleaded for her daughter to stay in their house since she was being summoned by the senior staff in the municipal. The rich mother agreed, but they never told her about the danger of the creepy man.

When the mother left, the two had a conversation for a while. But when her baby fell asleep, she left the teenager to herself and took the baby to the bedroom. Again, the rebellious daughter disobeyed her mother and went out, even though it was already dark outside. This was because she was bored. The rich mother found her already gone but soon became worried. So she took her sleeping baby with her to look for the teenager.

Walking back to the rich woman's residence, she saw her daughter walking towards her and alone. She was mad, but the creepy man was nowhere in sight. "Did you tell her you were leaving?" And her daughter replied "No". She rebuked her and told her it was dangerous if the woman came out with the baby to look for her. So she dragged her daughter back to the rich woman's residence.

When they got there, the door was locked, and nobody seemed to be inside. Panicking, they tried to look for the mother and her child. At the end of the street was the road, where they heard several sirens of ambulances or firetrucks. They had no clue if it was a car accident or something else. Everybody was panicking and there was a huge commotion of people. 

The poor mother felt anxious. Maybe the rich woman was inside their house and was sleeping with her child, so nobody answered the door. But maybe, she was there, at the end of this street that leads to the municipal building, where there was chaos.

She prayed in her heart that she was somewhere else but there... And where was the creepy man stalking her daughter?