Preface

Welp, new book, new preface as usual.

I originally meant for this to be a one-shot. Maybe around 15K words, which I could easily split up into small chapters. Buuut it grew out of my control and is still growing. So, I figured I'd start publishing chapters now cuz who doesn't love validation?

Anyways.

As you may have gathered from the blurb, this is a story focusing on Abhimanyu and Uttaraa's growing relationship. This is set in the year between the Pandavas' Agyatavasa and the war. Yes, there was a whole year of messenger back-and-forth, which will come in the later chapters. 

Firstly, this is canon compliant. So... Abhimanyu still dies here. 

But that doesn't mean this is going to be all angsty. Majorly teenage angst, yes, but this is set in the backdrop of a war so there is going to be despair and hope and all the ugly emotions that comes with war. There will also be fluff, I promise.

This is a teenager's view of the whole world, so there will be some dramatic moments alongside the romance and the war. The fear of growing up and the future, navigating new and complicated relationships is what I want to portray here.

Oh, and there is one more thing I need to talk about: their ages. I thought of this headcanon that the people in Dvapara aged slower (exactly 1.75 times if you want the math) than us humans currently. So that gives the timeline more breathing space.

So Abhimanyu is 33 in this, which is around 18 years, and Uttaraa is 28, making her 16. Don't think too hard about the math, it's just a side note and doesn't play too much of a role in the book.

Okay, I'll stop yapping. Enjoy the story!