"im going to San Diego"

Seattle, Washington, 1986

Leslie was skating right beside her best friend, Ashley. Her and Ashley had been friends ever since they met when Leslie moved in the middle of their junior year in high school. They were currently skating at a roller rink when Ashley broke the silence. "I'm going to San Diego." She said in somewhat of a word vomit. "What? Why?" Leslie didn't want to be all alone all summer. "To go see Tom, you know the pilot." She paused and spoke before Leslie could. "And I want you to come with me. You know I hear some of those pilots can be kinda cute." They stopped skating and went to go sit down at one of the tables. "This is all so crazy. you want me to go to San Diego with you? When would we even leave." Askley looked down guiltily. "Tomorrow," She muttered. "TOMORROW!?"

Leslie was packing all the stuff she needed. Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, hairbrush, clothes, and all the other stuff. She was zipping up her suitcase when her phone started ringing. She ran to the living room and picked up the phone. "Hello?"Hey, I'll swing by tomorrow morning around 8 so we don't miss our plane, alright?" Ashely said into the phone. "Sounds good," and all she heard  was the phone being set down on the other end. Leslie did the same.

Leslie woke up at around 7:30 and put her suitcase by the door. She went back to her bedroom and put on some jeans and a red striped shirt. She already had socks on, so she slipped on some white sneakers. She didn't have mucb time left, so she went and turned off all the lights in her house, and right as she flipped the switch, she heard a honk coming from outside. She grabbed her suitcase and ran outside to Ashley's white convertible. She threw her suit case in the back and got into the passenger side.

San Diego, California, 1986

They stepped out of the airport into the gloomy parking lot. "You know, I thought San Diego would be a lot more sunny." Leslie said unimpressed. "I called Tom right before we got on the plane, and he said it should clear up tomorrow." Ashely said, trying to make Leslie feel a bit better. They got into the rental car and drove to the place they would be staying.

Authors note
Sorry this part is a but short, part will get longer soon dw