02.

[Vinland, summer 1001]The sun was high in the sky

The sun was high in the sky. A young boy held a staff, way too big and heavy for his small hands. Sweat was running down his forehead and tears were running down his eyes. This was only his fourth summer, and his grandfather forced him out early this morning to train. Mikael Mikaelson had always been disappointed by his sons, and wanted to make sure his grandson wouldn't be a disappointment too.

- I understand why your father named you after your bastard uncle, you're as weak as him. A fight is not into defending, but attacking, Mikael growled at the young Nikolas.

Nikolas tried to use his staff to attack, as his Mikael requested. The young boy didn't want to disappoint Mikael, he learnt the price of being such a disappointment with his uncle. And a part of him was obviously angry at his grandfather for talking so badly of his favorite uncle.

- If I wanted to fight a girl, I would've brought your sister, boy, Mikael said, giving a disappointed look at Nikolas.

When it was his time to attack, Mikael brought his staff down sharply. Nikolas being a little boy didn't bring up his staff soon enough, and landed on the floor as his head started to bleed. He started to cry even more than before. When they woke up, Scarlett and Elijah immediately started to search for Nikolas, worried about what could have happened to him. So when she heard his cries, Scarlett started to run toward the source of the cry with her daughter in her arms. Scarlett immediately kneeled next to her son and hugged him tightly as she gave Mikael an angry look.

- Are you alright, my boy? She asked her son, worried to the death.

- My head hurts, Nikolas simply answered, snuggling in his mother's arms.

- It is going to be alright, Scarlett answered as she used a part of her dress to compress the wound on her son's head. Stay away from my children, she firmly instructed Mikael.

[New Orleans, Louisiana, 2011]
Scarlett didn't understand the dream she just had. She didn't know the man in her dream and had never seen these two toddlers. Yet, they seemed to be her children in this dream and they somehow felt familiar to her. The witch never had these kind of dreams, she didn't understand them and what they meant. However, she decided to put these thoughts aside and got dressed before heading down the stairs to make Hayley's breakfast and drink a coffee.

As she arrived in the living room, both Elijah and Klaus turned their heads towards her. Their faces fell when they noticed the necklace around her neck. The once green necklace had now turned red, which didn't bode well. On the other hand, Scarlett noticed the dead body on the table, which immediately took away her appetite.

- Good morning, Scarlett said to the two brother, unaware of their concern. Wait, don't tell me it is a normal morning for your family? she asked, pointing at the body.