Secret Norsky (Purple City):

When I was a child, I wanted nothing more than to be a SUPERHERO, but I came from a family of villains. I always dreamt of the day of wanting to save someone, than wanting to harm someone. I wrote about this in my diary many times, and I told my teachers and my councilors about my dream. Instead of laughing at my face, they were kind, and welcoming about what I wanted in life.

 "That is nice Austin!" One of my school counselors Mrs. Loris said, "It's always great about having the idea of wanting to save someone! " I smiled with pride, and then frowned.

" But yeah, look at my family. They are a family of villains, and wealthy. Not poor. I  do not want to be part of that, I want to be poor, not to have to worry about keeping up with all the wealth. They are part of The Villains Corporation Inc! ™and  I do not want to be considered spoiled, but I am not. My father has been in jail many times, due to the hero Dragon Magical who can somehow avert his manipulation,  but somehow, his manipulation disappears, and he managed to be freed." 

Mrs. Loris scribbled in her notebook, "I understand, honey. I've felt all kinds of pressure from my family, but we are just average everyday people. Not villains, and not superheroes. I'd be on the heroes' side of things any day. I could almost, but I am middle class. I could almost qualify to be a superhero, I couldn't be a villain, as said: too much power, but it's up to The God, and  what they want."

 "Yeah, Mrs. Loris that would be wonderful to be part of the Superhero Universe, but it takes a lot of skills, and qualifications to become part of it. I mean it, and I've seen that. I've always looked up to Dragon Magical for inspiration but in secret. Fact in the matter, I hate that I have powers, and  have to keep them a secret, and even that a secret for some reason." 

 I said, taking a tissue, and wiping away my tears.

"Anyways, I've heard of The God. Learned about it in history class. He chooses who he wants to be wealthy, and evil, but it is completely unclear to how that works out. Dr. Idiom is a genius when it comes to history!"

If there is anything that the superheroes, and villains agree upon it would be schooling. The superheroes, and the villains attend my school, and middle classes help run the building. The middle classes are nurses, teachers, and  counselors. The wealthy are the doctors, and some doctors teach as most are brilliant.

The bell rang, and I sprinted out of our counseling session. One of my parent's friends, just as much a vigilante as them, picked me up from school. His name is Mason. He has the power to create loud noises like a megaphone, and could use it as a weapon against the "War With The Superheroes," which has been ongoing for centuries. He has long blonde curly hair, looking like it came from the decades of the '80s, and wears tropical teeshirts with palm trees, ripped jeans, and  worn-out sneakers. He may be rich, and could afford a better fashion sense, but this is just who Mason is, you know, unique.

"Hey, kiddo." He said, "How was your school day?" He asked. As we were driving home, he played some "Dead Songs,"  meaning songs from the '90's till 2028. All the music we have nowadays is just by bands who are from the city. One of the few Dead Songs he played was "Jail House Rock" by Elvis Presley,  released in the year of 1957. Mason found this in the war called "The War of the Villains v.s. Superheroes," under rubble. The superheroes were the ones to strike us down first.  He wanted to place the C.D. he found in Purple City's Local History Museum, but he decided against it.

"It was good, Mason," I replied, feeling very tired. I sounded not- assuring though, and he agreed. He said to me.

"Well, that does not sound so assuring." I looked at him, and replied,

"Yeah, well, I just came back from a lengthy counseling session with Mrs. Loris. " I remarked. He asked me what I talked about in my session, but I said that was confidential. After all, I did not want to openly admit to him that I wanted to become a superhero, and do well for the community.

I put on my seatbelt, and his Rottweiler was sitting next to me, and wagging his tail. When we got home, it looked like there was a crime scene going on. I saw two people being wheeled on in stretchers, on an ambulance. My grandmother, and grandfather (my father's parents) were outside, and  crying.

Outside, my grandparents were sitting on the front porch, along with my parents. My grandmother was reading a book called War of The Worlds ( I couldn't tell who the author was), and my Dad and grandfather were drinking Spiked Lemonade with purple food dye.

"Oh, look whose home!" My mother said, smoking a cigarette, her long red hair flowing in every direction possible.

"Hey, Mama," I said. She dabbed her cigarette in the ashtray. Mason's Rottweiler came running up to her, and Mama decided to play fetch with him after she was done smoking. 

When I went to put my stuff away, I realized that I've forgotten to check my grade on my laptop for an essay I wrote about Old Tech Computers back in the year of 2022 (sometimes teachers like to go way back), and I was anxious to see my grade on our Pixel Laptop, created by a villain named Pixels. Before I went to check on my grade, I grabbed a can of soda, and  ate some popcorn.

"Okay let's hope for the best." I said, opening the Pixel Laptop.

When I looked at the laptop, my jaw dropped a hundred miles per hour. I got a really bad grade, and  I began crying. I whispered swear words under my breath. If we did not do well during most semesters at my school, I'd get a warning, and  "The Villain Mafia" threatened to take all my family's wealth, and powers, so in a way they do pressure children.

"LANGUAGE!" My Dad growled at once. I said I was sorry, and  showed him my grade on the Pixel Laptop.  He said that there were positives, and my teacher allowed us to write the essay again, and  add extra credit on top of it all. 

For her comment on my grade, my teacher wrote:

Dear Austin,
I regret to inform you that you have failed the test. Unfortunately, if you fail it the second time around, you will have to be reported to "The Villain Mafia." Although "villains" can get away with everything, there comes a cost that villains can fail if they do not stick their minds towards good work. So, I must inform you that you must do well in class unless you need an accommodation for which you do not. I wish you well in taking a second chance at this essay for the Old Tech Computers. I am sure you'll do great, Austin.

I showed Mama the message, and she was not happy about this. She had yelled at Dad, and  grounded me for doing such a terrible job, so right then and  there, I got down to business, and  wanted to prove to my teacher (who maybe on the verge of becoming a villain) that I could do this.