Chapter 13: First

"Of course, I'm in! We aren't killing anyone right?"

"No! God, no. I would have never agreed to help if we were." Khao said, and I was relieved but I waited for Gemini to answer.

"I hope it won't come to that."

"Gem!"

"It's naive to go into this without being prepared to kill. Once I make myself known, we are all a target. You forget someone in that damned family still wants me dead."

"OK. So worst case scenario, but not the original plan. I can deal with that. I'm still with you, but I'm not trained like either of you. Explain everything, and tell me what my part in all this is."

I listened to their explanation, and I knew what I had to do. They gave me a small part. It wasn't as complicated as I thought, but would require a lot of work. Gemini had it most difficult, because the entire plan goes to shit if he is wrong about one key person.

"Gem, if this doesn't go the way you want-."

"Then we start over. Me and Khao have been working on something for the past few years now. I have enough dirt on them to send their entire reputation to shit. Billionaires aren't easy to affect with bad publicity alone. With the information, I can at least damage the family unit, make them lose shares, and the trust of their company's partners."

"Their PR team won't be able to keep up with me either. I'll force them into a corner. They won't have any choice but to sell their stock and hopefully lose companies. He went from centimillionaire to billionaire in his prime, and had high expectations for his children. However, the chairman's sons have royally fucked up over the years. Especially his second son. Bad real estate investments, tax evasion, connection to mafia in Italy, Romania, Spain and parts of the Americas. Questionable sexual relations. His first son showed more promise, but is currently in bad relation with his father. His wife's company is close to bankruptcy, and he's holding onto his CEO position by a mere thread." Khaotung continues, as I nod for him to go on.

"Both sons are living off their father's assets, but if the trend continues the Group's value will continue to dwindle. It's going to be an ugly feud when it's time for him to pick a successor. If my sources are correct, the one who becomes the next successor gets full control of his accounts, bonds, properties, basically everything." Khao rambled on, and showed me his tablet with some of the documents they managed to gather.

"My uncle will be furious if we were to leak all the information we gathered, so let's pray the original plan works. Or that the information will only be used as a feasible threat." Khao said.

"Why would he be furious?" I asked.

"Because he will be a target once they trace back to me, I am good at covering my tracks. But even the best can make a mistake, and they will have the government back them up. I am family so he will protect me, but Gemini is taking the risk."

"Would he kill you?"

"Maybe, but I doubt it. I'll have to officially join the gang if I screw up." Gemini said, and his phone rang. He answered. "I'll be right down."

He left without saying anything.

"Meen is here." Khao said, looking down at his phone. "Come on. Let's get some sleep. It's been a long night."

I felt a variety of emotions tonight.

I thought about everything my friend went through without my knowledge. Gemini is reserved and doesn't do anything without a purpose.