➜ ┊: (𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭) ᵎ ✰

"I guess, I wouldn't mind if we do get married..."

"Haru, I know you didn't mean in

"Haru, I know you didn't mean in." I gently pat his back. Trying to make him feel better.

"I don't want to see you sad, come one let's take a walk to the park." I pull his dejected figure up, hopefully this can give his mind a break.

"I know you Haru better than anyone else Haru, you can't let that bother you forever." As we strolled around the park, I made an effort to converse with Haru in an attempt to lift his spirits, trying to crack up jokes here and there.

"You're right (n/n), I guess I just have to start adjusting, now being assigned to the third division." Haru looks at me and smiles a bit, cheering up a bit.
Finally! I hate seeing him so sad like this.

"I hope they treat you well in the First Division without me
(n/n), I'm really sorry." What do you mean without him? Oh, I forgot to tell him about it.

"What do you mean Ru, I'm coming with you!" I tell Haru. Obviously I didn't wanna stay in the First Division without you...

I just stared at Haru, waiting for him to respond, he looks a bit conflicted by my answer.

A minute of pure silence engulfed the atmosphere, yet it wasn't tense. A few flickering of lights from the street lamps, birds flutterd nearby, their occasional chirping adding a soothing background to our setting.

"Wouldn't that reduce your salary?" Haru finally talks, knowing my current situation. So that's why he seemed so conflicted with my words.
I am in debt after all.

"I can manage, I really don't want to work with them." Years working for the First Division, it never really felt right without working with Haru, He's sense of justice is really what makes my love my work even more. So I definitely don't want to be alone in the First Division.

"Are you sure?" Haru once again, tries to ask me if I'm really sure.

"Yes Ru, I'm a 100% sure about my decision." I smile at him, reassuring him that this is what I really want to do.

"If you say so (n/n)." Haru has no choice, but smiles instead, somehow just supporting my decision.

Staring at the gigantic trees surrounding us, leaves swaying gently in the breeze, tranquility.

I didn't know how long I was lost in thought, not realizing Haru was trying to snap me out of it.

"Come on let's head back to the apartment." Haru lends out his hand. Once I held his hand he suddenly loses balance, and I end losing my balance as well, now ending up in a very awkward situation.

I landed on top of Haru, our faces inches apart. I know I should get up immediately right now, but my body is frozen, it's like I couldn't control it. Quickly trying to snap out of it, we both immediately get off each other, which felt more than a few mere seconds.