Chapter 5

"""""Swipes """""

Sri - Ah , hello papal , it's done , the function is over you can come pick me up .

Papal - I'll be right there in 30 minutes,  sweetheart , hold on right there.

Sri - hmm.

Sri to herself - I better leave the hall, there's too much commotion here.

I grabbed the chair near the reception area and thew myself against the couch, and stretched my arms , which were already worn out due to weariness.

Then my camera drew my attention.
I was seated cross legged ,  decided to reach out for my camera , which was kept hidden from me for ages , my fingers trace the contours of the lens and the body , feeling the textured grip, as I flipped the power switch with my thumb, the camera hums to life.

Tbe small screen flickered , and to my surprise , it displayed a video . My heart was in my throat , as I recognized the young woman on the screen -it was my mother , tbe iron lady of my life ,   decades earlier.

Sri -  *chokes *Maa...

The video played , capturing everyday moments : her mother laughing with friends, and talking to her camera about her dreams and hopes, her poems , oh , how wonderful.

Video resumes 📽

Sudha - so heyya everyone , it's Sudu this side.I'm an 12yr old young chuby girl who believes that anything is possible in this stupid  wide world,if you truly trust yourself.
So here I am with my poem , ik I kinda sound weird , but you are the only friend with whom I can share my thoughts with ,cam!!

So the poem's name is A love letter to chocolate .

"Dear Cadbury , you know iam so in love with you ,will you marry me someday , I want to be as chocolaty and sweet as you are"

Tears welled up in my eyes , seeing my mother's innocent gestures, I was shedding out of joy and clutched my sides in happiness and nostalgia listening to it.

Sri - hahahaha maa....seriously??! 😆

The whole area was reverbing with my laughter and giggles until.

""""Clank clank""""""

Radhika - Sri ??!!!!Tu idhar (you here?)
Do you even know what's going on ??

I noticed the excited buzz around me , girls complimenting me while leaving  !!?? But why.

Sri - kya what's going on ??

Radhika grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the auditorium again , to much of my  surprise I realized.

The closing ceremony film !!!! And what's worse, it was being projected in the wide screen.

Radhika - your Pictures are  getting viral , meri jaan dekh!!! they're getting so many compliments  there too!!!!! You're the next Queen .

Sri - wai-wait what?? !!!!!

Radhika- Wai Wai...mat Kar..aww tumhari hi pics sabse zyaadi hai , I wonder kon khicha hoga ?? (Stop with all that Wai Wai , awww, your pictures are outnumbereing the others...I wonder who clicked you this closely , beauty girl ?)

Sri - tereko dungy ek !!! ( I'll give you one tight !!)

There were a number of pictures and videos , in which mine was more than the others, some pics on my laughing about something , some were when I was  arranging my saree blades , some while I was squeezing the syrup filled gulab jamun into my mouth  .

Sreshth - Rukmini ,Hey., you look dashing , you know,and -

Other girls - yeah , she does...hey isn't she an external student ? Gosh your fanbase ,girl , it's kicking us !!!