Save Me

Engfa's POV:

As I sat there in the lobby, the minutes stretched into eternities. The soft hum of the air conditioning was the only sound breaking the silence, punctuated occasionally by distant voices and the click-clack of heels on marble floors. My sister's meeting was dragging on, and with each passing second, my anticipation grew like a storm gathering strength.

In my hands, I clutched that brown envelope. It wasn't just a collection of papers; it was my lifeline, my bridge back to stability. Inside were my hopes and aspirations neatly typed out, my carefully crafted proposal for assistance. I needed her help, more than I'd ever let on. In order to get back to my own to feet, I'll be needing some help.

As the minutes passed, my anxiety grew. It had been years since I last spoke to my sister, rejecting her help and isolating myself from everyone.

Memories flooded back of times she tried to reach out, and I pushed her away. Now, waiting for her, I wondered if she would even want to see me after all this time.

I sat there, nervously awaiting her arrival. But I couldn't help the doubt that gnawed inside me. Would she be angry, disappointed? After all these years of distance and my stubborness, I couldn't blame her if she was.

My knees bounced nervously as I waited, eyes glued to the floor. Then, a familiar voice called my name. I looked up instantly, searching for the owner of that voice.

"Miss Engfa?" came the voice of a woman, and when I looked up, I knew my suspicion was right.

"Snack," I greeted with a smile.

"Oh my goodness, it's really you! Hi!" she beamed and walked towards me. "It's been ages, how have you been? Are you going to work here again?" she asked excitedly.

"Uh, no, I was just here to talk to Plaifa. When do you think her meeting would end?"

"Oh, Miss Plaifa has been in the boardroom for about 2 hours now. I'm not sure exactly when it will finish, but it shouldn't be much longer," she replied with a smile. I nodded in appreciation.

"Thank you,"

"Look," she fished her phone from her pocket, fiddled with it and showed the screen to me, "She's still strong and fast,"

As she pulled out her phone and showed me the screen, my smile widened at the sight of Snack's car that I had personally upgraded back then. "Wow, you still have her?"

"Of course, wouldn't trade it for anything," she replied proudly.

Just as I was about to respond to Snack, the double doors of the conference room burst open. Plaifa emerged, accompanied by her business partners, and my heart sank when I saw Sarah, Pich's older sister, among them.

My breath caught in my throat as I saw Sarah. Time seemed to freeze in that moment.

Plaifa's eyes widened in disbelief when she spotted me. "Engfa?" Her voice was filled with surprise and confusion.

But any intention of talking to Plaifa slipped away as I locked eyes with Sarah. Her expression morphed from shock to anger in an instant.

"Sarah," I whispered, my voice barely audible.

But Sarah didn't spare me another glance as she walked swiftly past, ignoring my presence completely.

I turned abruptly, hurrying to follow her, oblivious to my sister calling after me.

"Sarah, can we talk?" I pleaded desperately, trying to catch up as she entered the elevator. I ran towards it, calling out, "Wait, Sarah!"

The elevator doors began to close, and without thinking, I reached out to stop them. But I got there late.