FRUSTRATED

I got P3 in the end. Narrowly avoiding contact with George at the end of the race, forcing me from my comfortable P2 to P3. It boils my blood. I don't congratulate him.

From my statistics, I think I distracted Max Verstappen enough. He finished P4.  Even if I didn't win, it's still an accomplishment. I'm happy for Lando for getting his second win ever in Formula one.

Even as I stand next to him as the british anthem plays, he looks ten times younger. Lando has this big smile on his face, which makes me think that I did the right thing for throwing Max off track by a stupid kiss.. Well, multiple kisses, but that doesn't change anything. I would do it again just to see Lando so happy again. To hear the crowed scream their names and not the dutch driver's name. To not hear the dutch anthem. If every kiss meant that I would be on the podium, I would kiss the man to death.

As the british anthem comes to end, I see Lando biting back happy tears and I can't help but smile at the sight.

But my smile doesn't last long. After showering both of the british drivers in champagne, Max grabs me by my bicep and practically slams me into a storage room something like I did to him the other night.

''I'm not stupid, Charles,'' Max says seriously, ''you're going to tell me the truth, and nothing but the truth.''

He doesn't wait for my responce, ''Why did you do that?'' Because I can't let you win, smarty-pants.

''You know why.'' I narrow my eyes at him. I lean back against the wall. He does know why.

''So you really just wanted to distract me?'' he looks at me with the most bewildered eyes. His left hand placed on the wall behind me, above my shoulder.

''Maybe-'' Max grabs my jaw before I can even finish my sentence. I shut up immediatly.

''I want a normal fucking answer, Leclerc.'' he says, angry. And fuck is it hot. I have a serious problem. There is space between our bodies but it's only a few inches that separate us. I wish there wasn't any space at all- what am I even saying?

''Yeah. I did it on purpose. I would do it again. Maybe you should learn how to drive if you're so pissed about it.'' I tell him. Max only seems to get more frustrated with my reply.

''Oh, fuck you. I saw the whole day how you were scheming and I could see the cogs in your stupid fucking head turning. I knew you were up to something like you always are.'' Max tells me. His voice louder but not he's careful to not yell at me. Max is just as worried about people finding out about anything as I am.

''And yet it still worked. Can't you be happy for Lando right now? I thought you two are friends.'' I try to guilt trip him, but it doesn't work.

''I am! But you aren't getting the bigger picture. This is so dangerous. I don't need to be starting anything with you. But if you really want to play this game then this means fucking war!'' He gets closer to my ear. His hand is still on my jaw as he whispers to me. I know I'm flushed and I feel hot.

Max doesn't say anything more after that. Just as suddenly he came, he left. Leaving me in the storage room alone.

I did go too far last night and when I woke up today I didn't forget to bang my head against a wall as punishment for being such an idiot who had to make out with his rival. But like I said, I don't regret it. I think I did  the right thing.

Max's words do scare me. I mean what the fuck does he mean by war? I've seen the way he looks at me. He looks at me like I'm prey. It concerns me how far we can take this. This can end horrifically for both of us.