(1) beach cynicism

The songs that are shown above are going to make up this books playlist this song really reminds me of Sammy

QOTD: do you read on your phone or computer?
I read on both

I look up from my book The Great Gatsby, to the wind blowing my hair, the smell of salt water in the air, my favourite smell

A bunch of happy screaming children run around, building sand castles, people my age talking to each other, and having fun. While I'm just doing nothing, wasting away like seashells in the ocean just drifting wherever the tide goes.

Suddenly I feel a moment of slight pain as I realise something got thrown at me, causing me to get pushed out of my depressing thoughts quite literally.

I look behind me to see someone standing next to me as they pick up the ball that must have hit me. "oh my gods I'm so sorry" the person says quickly apologising suddenly i realise they have really pretty eyes the colour of the ocean. They have blonde hair, a stark difference from my dark blue hair. I can't help but find them rather beautiful, their face full of emotions of calmness and also slight apologeticness. a worried expression shows through their eyes I couldn't help but get lost in their ocean-blue eyes. They were mesmerizing, like staring into the depths of a calm sea on a sunny day.

The color was so vivid and clear, that it felt as if I could see waves gently lapping within their irises. Every time they blinked, it was like the sun reflecting off the water, a bright, captivating sparkle that made it hard to look away.

Those eyes held a certain depth, a mystery that drew me in and made me want to explore the stories hidden within them.

from just looking at them. I can tell that eyes truly are the window to the soul, a saying I was told a lot when i was a child but never quite believed because My own eyes always seemed void of emotion—dark and expressionless, as if they were a calm, endless night sky without stars. They've always felt like a barrier rather than a window, hiding my feelings rather than revealing them This person's eyes are different though; they convey a world of emotion, inviting me to dive deeper. Looking into their eyes, I realize how much I've yearned to express something, anything, through my own eyes but have never been able to. It's as if my eyes were always veiled in shadows, revealing nothing of what lay beneath the surface.

 I can feel myself starting to want to get to know them just so their eyes can stay in my life, but I really shouldn't think that, I mean I just met them after all.

I realise I've been awkwardly quiet and should probably say something. "i-i-its fine" I stutter because it is perfectly okay, they did nothing wrong. I look at them again and realise they still look guilty, their face filled with concern.

 They seem very easy to read, with their wide blue eyes reflecting every emotion like an open book. I quickly look down, feeling a sudden rush of self-consciousness under the intensity of their open, expressive gaze.