(5) group shenanigans

QOTD - What is your weirdest guilty pleasure?
I personally don't really have one, but I do wonder what other people's are.

QOTD - What is your weirdest guilty pleasure?I personally don't really have one, but I do wonder what other people's are

"Avery, I'm here!!!" someone screams. I'm currently at the ice cream place that I went to with Sammy, who I haven't seen in about two days, i kinda miss them, waiting to meet up with my friends. I look up to see one of my friends, Alliana, running towards me. She jumps on top of me, hugging me tightly.

"I miss you! It's been like six years!" It's only been a week... Anyways, I hug back as she excitedly starts talking about her day.

"So then they were like—" her rant gets cut off as her partner, Summer, runs up to her and hugs her. They share a little kiss that disgusts me. I hate PDA; it's gross and appalling. I cringe a little every time.

I can't help but groan at the sight of Summer and Alliana being all lovey-dovey. Summer catches my eye and smirks, clearly amused by my discomfort. 'Jealous much?' they tease, nudging me playfully. I roll my eyes, but a smile tugs at my lips despite myself.

Summer dresses very fancy and sophisticated, always wearing dress pants and blazers with a white or black shirt underneath. I try not to judge them too much.

Now, I have to wait for Fang, Elliot, and Blu. Apparently, Blu's boyfriend, Stormi, is tagging along as well. Blu thinks Sammy comes with a warning because when he told us, he added the fact that Stormi doesn't know how to finish sentences, which is very true.

Great, I'm going to be surrounded by couples. Even the thought causes me to cringe

but hey, maybe I will see Sammy again... Wait, no, I need to face the fact that I most likely won't see them again ever. Feeling sad at the thought, I look up to see Elliot and Stevie walk into the restaurant, causing Alliana to run up to them and hug them.

Stevie returns the hug with the same energy as Elliot, who just looks annoyed. I look over to Summer to see them staring at Alliana in amusement and love as Blu and his boyfriend, Stormi, walk in. Stormi has a wide smile on his face as he bounces over to us, Blu following closely behind. As everyone squeezes into the booth, it's a struggle, but in the end, we all fit, though barely.

Summer is the first to speak up. "Children, this doesn't fit all of us," they say as if they are not the youngest of us all. If anything, they are the child. I glare playfully at them.

"Well then, Mum, what do you suggest we do?" I joke, but then slightly frown at the thought of a mum, quickly covering it up with a smile because I can't seem sad. That would break my perfectly curated facade of incessant happiness.

Summer gasps as an idea pops into their head. "Blu, we are going to your house."

Blu raises his eyebrow. "Oh, are we now?" he asks incredulously. Everyone quickly agrees, especially Stormi as he excitedly shakes his arm. I roll my eyes, gagging on the inside. I guess we are going to his house today. Just great. I put up a fake smile.