Prologue Part 1: Aya

*RING RING*
*RING RING*

Inside of a bedroom with walls painted lavender and white streaks and dots painted in the likeness of constellations, an alarm clock rang. Its black screen read 7:35 AM in red, glowing letters.
"Ugggh..." A young girl's voice rang out from underneath the purple and blue bed sheets as a chocolate brown hand groggily reached for the alarm clock. With a loud click, the sound stopped.

"That thing is...*yawn*...so loud." Her voice mumbled, annoyed.

The girl, still in her deep purple and white pajamas, pulled off the covers and rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes. Pulling herself out of bed, she groggily walked to her dresser, rubbing the sleepiness out of her eyes and fixing up her ivory white hair.

Satisficed, she walked downstairs to the kitchen, where she found a woman with raven black hair and chocolate brown skin, similar to her own, sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee in on hand, and her phone in the other.

The girl smiled lazily and sat on the couch next to her. "Hi, Mom," she said as she lightly tapped her shoulder, "how's it going?"

The brown haired woman, known as Ashanti, turned to see her daughter sitting next to her and smiled. "Hello, Aya. How did you sleep last night?" She asked.
Aya smiled in response. "I slept pretty good," she said, "though I'm still pretty tired..."
Her mother laughed in response. "Did you forget to turn your alarm clock off again?" She shook her head. "It's summer break, dear."
"...yeah, I forgot." She said, blushing softly in embarrassment.

Ashanti smiled and patted her daughter on the head. "It's alright. I... almost forgot to turn of mine, too." She replied sheepishly.
Aya giggled in response. "Haha, I guess that makes two of us."
Ashanti smiled, before standing up and going over to the kitched. "Now, then, go and get dressed, OK?" she began, "You and I are going to take a walk in the park."
Aya froze for a moment. She had made plans to go to the arcade with her best friend Evelynn(though she liked to call her Candy because of her affection for sweets and hot pink hair), and she wasn't all that fond of having her plans changed last minute.
Aya shook her head furiously. "Uh-uh. No. Way." She said, ignoring the somewhat smug stare from her mom. "I made plans to-!"
"...go to Carnival Arcade with Evelynn today, right?" Her mother finished, crossing her arms. "I know. I already talked to her parents, and they said she didn't mind not hanging out today."
Aya blinked, before crossing her arms and glaring at her mom. Ashanti only sighed in response. "Oh, wipe that sour look of your face, you." Aya flinched, sighing in defeat. "Uggh... fine, Mom.

___

Aya frowned as she walked back into her room, her golden yellow eyes somewhat dull. "I really wanted to go to the arcade today..." She groaned, before turning her head to the closet and approaching it. "But... Mom isn't giving me much of a choice here..."
She walked over to her closet and rummaged through the arrays of clothes inside before pulling out some clothes. She took off her pastel purple and white pajamas and put on a pale purple shirt with white star patterns on it and a pair of dark purple jean shorts. She fished out a white belt with a purple heart shaped buckle before grabbing a purple and white skirt and pulling it over her shorts. Aya then grabbed a white jacket with silver star accents that was cropped at the middle and slipped it over her shirt. She grabbed some white sneakers with lavender star patterns on them and some purple and white striped socks. Then, after putting them on, she walked over to the other side of her room, where a vanity mirror lay on top of her dresser. She opened a drawer and pulled out a purple beret with a small, white bow and a heart shaped locket. In the middle of the locket was a small purple jewel in the shape of a star. She opened the locket and smiled as she looked at the message inside of it:

'You're not alone.'

After reading it, she closed the locket and put it around her neck. She turned around and walked back to her closet and took out a small bag. She then walked over to a small bookcase next to the closet and took out a pair of headphones that she got as a gift from Candy, her phone, which had a case with lavender flower patterns on it, a small box containing a journal, colored pencils, and other stationary items, and another book.
She then put everything in her bag and walked back to her mirror, took out a brush, and after fixing up her hair, walked back downstairs where she saw her mom waiting by the door.