Date(s)

The mindless sketching always filled you with....some sense of calm.

The scraping of any tool against any surface, it just made your brain turn into putty with the prospect of something getting thrown from your imagination and into something tangible.

Today, that feeling was tainted with your rapidly deranged thoughts, and your heart ramming in your chest.

It just....bugged you. What Sans said a couple of days ago. Since then, you had been avoiding the water altogether. Maybe it was a conscious decision, but you explored the forest and found unremarkable trees and a possibly useful line of coconut trees. What was bothering you wasn't that three whole conscious beings had a crush on you, no, it was what that implied.

What would they do, should you accept or decline their advances? Did you even have a choice?

Would you ever leave?

.......

You kind of really missed your bed. A whole lot.

But...maybe you didn't have a choice. Maybe you had to....just accept what these sirens wanted to come your way. Because let's face it, no one would save you. No one would dare enter siren territory except casual boats who didn't know better, and those said boats were destined to become shipwrecks in less than an hour into these waters.

You weren't going back home.

You swallowed, aware of your quickened breath and the way your chest hurt as you shook your head, trying unsuccessfully to clear it.

You would die on this island, or by their hands, when they eventually got bored of you, or you would kill yourself and succumb to the incredible pit that slowly formed in the pit of your stomach whenever you thought of your mother-

Crack

You cracked your neck, refusing to let your anxieties consume you. Yeah you just had to...focus on the task at hand. Your quieter heart made you dry your eyes with your clean palm, and you held your chest with newfound calm as you stared ahead.

Some blissful sketches. The sirens.

The only form of company you had these past....months?, each getting an equal amounts of drawing after the storm just three days ago, the one that managed to erase everything previously put down and gave you blank slated to work with. By far Sans had gone up from total-asshole to manageable.

If nothing else, he got three drawings dedicated to him. Skull had six this time, and Red had about four. Needles to say, you had to stretch out to your left because you lacked space. You had to debate if going even further was worth it, since you were on your second chalk stick of the day. But your sketchbook was still flattening up, and now you had zero ideas for new poses....

You could always focus on food since you hadn't eaten anything at all since this morning. That coconut didn't taste as yummy as the internet made it out to be. You remembered seeing sea urchins gain some popularity after a girl had eaten a raw one...you could always try one, and if they tasted like a salty slug you could resign and eat coconuts forever.

Or you would hate it so much you'd start to have a breakdown. And try to scratch your taste buds off.

Only the future could tell.

You slowly put the piece of chalk into your zip-lock bag, got on the largest rock closer to you, and ungracefully smeared yourself on it. The morning sun had heated it up enough that there was that familiar warm feeling against your back, making you let out a sigh of relief as your back popped on the somewhat-straight surface.