Magic Lessons

It has been five days now that I've been in this new world, and nobody has found a way to send me to my own world yet. I sighed in boredom as I was studying simple spells to use from a book that Zackary gave me to read. As of now I was looking at a spell to heat water… turns out it's much harder for some people than for me, since my magic core was based in light magic. Turns out that eighty percent of the people in the world in astral chronicles has a magic core and when someone casts a spell it all depends on what their magic core is to see what they can cast and what type of magic they can use. the kitten i healed has now becme my study partner as she layed on my bed, curled up into a tiny ball.

I was thinking of what to call her and settled on Nova as her name. She brightened any room she stepped in and was my first healed individual. I reached over as I read and scratched lightly behind her left ear. I was blessed with hearing her purr loudly and my thoughts drifted to my first time with a certain pantherian. I wonder if he regrets sleeping with me? maybe he is shy or not good at communicating? i just wish i could talk to him to clarify if i was a one-nighter or …. something more to him?   I heard someone knocking at my door so I got up and opened the door. there stood a nervous looking Sage.

“hey, Gwen,” he averted his eyes and said, “listen… i think we should talk.”

 I knew what he wanted to talk about but the way he treated me after he found out I had a light core and the fact that he practically ghosted me for the whole five days after the ‘incident’... I just could not bear the talk at this moment when he was looking so handsome and shy. I let out a heavy sigh and let him enter my room. He sat at the edge of the bed as he fiddled with his tail.

“Look I know I haven't been the best person to you but when i heard alison call what we have… it's just that i like you, a lot and i don't wanna hurt you sooo-”

“Hurt me?! Sage! you have been the worst to me after that night,” i was shouting at him as tears of frustration rolled down my cheek,  “and i wondered if it was me who scared you away! i have been so nervous… it was my first time with anybody… and you hurt me by not accepting me just because i have a ‘light magic core’ or whatever it is.”

sage looked down in what i could assume was shame, “Gwen, please i just wanted to tell yo-”

“Gwen, shall we go to the library?” to my surprise, Zackary was now at the door and giving what anyone would guess was a look of concern, “that is if you are not-”

An idea entered my head and i walked over to Zack with a sly smile on my face. he smiled shyly at me and i did something n one saw coming i kissed zack on the cheek and then turned to sage with a sneer on my face. sage’s expression could only be described as pure rage as he let loose a feral growl.

“sorry to disappoint you, sage, but I’m already taken.” i looped my arms around Zack's arm and smiled at Zack with a kind smile.

Zack was turning red as Sage’s growling increased, “You think that little runt can compare to me?!”

“He is a gentleman and his kindness is beyond your scope of reasoning.” I declared.

I had no clue what I was doing but if it made Sage see the error of his ways I would count this little endeavor a success. I then walked with Zackary to the library with my arms still looped in his.