Chapter 15: I Didn't Do It

Carlie's P.O.V.

"Hmm," I said, studying Adam as he stood outside the doors of Starbucks, pacing around like something was wrong, "I hope everything's okay." I whispered, hoping that some non-existing force would grant my wish. Just as I was about to turn to talk to Brandon, I realized I was still soaked in Iced Coffee.

The guys acted like everything was okay, going back to their jokes.

"Brandon?" I asked, staring at my wet and sticky clothing, "Can we go now, so I can change?"

"Of course." He answered, taking my purse and grabbing his keys.

We stepped outside, hearing the words, "She didn't do it, she's here with me!" Coming out of Adam's mouth. Turning around, he faced Brandon and I. Giving a worried look, he shoved the phone towards me, "Wha-...." I grabbed the phone, "Hello?..." I said, putting the phone next to my right ear.

A man's voice spoke, "Oh, hello Carlie. My name is Agent Jeff Seprem. Is there a place we can meet? To talk in private?" He asked. I gave a quick glance towards Adam, "Uh... Sure... You can meet me at my place, I spilled coffee on myself, so... I'll give you the address." I said quietly. I heard Jeff laugh, "No worry, I already know where you live. I work for the FBI." I loosened my grip on the phone, almost dropping it. "Okay... Sure.." I stuttered.

"This better be a joke,"  I mouthed to Adam. He shook his head, backing away a bit. I stared at my shoes, "Um, what is this about?" I bravely asked. Jeff made a strange noise, a cross between a snort and  a sigh, "I'll tell you when we meet at your house. Until then." He said nonchalantly, hanging up.

I gave the phone back to Adam, "Come with us." I pleaded, tears fighting to come out. Adam gave me a warm hug, "Ew..." He said, pulling away, "Coffee." I sighed. He gave a sudden smirk, and even a slight laugh.

"We'll take my car, Brandon, if you could drive.." I said. He nodded, grabbing the keys from my purse and sitting in the front. "I'll sit in the back." I said, reaching into the trunk and grabbing a towel to sit on. I wasn't going to mess up my car.

The car ride was mainly silent, with Adam breaking the silence halfway through, "Something smells like coffee." He joked. The jokes stopped when we pulled up to my place, and I slowly crawled out of my car to see a well built man, in at least his 30's waiting at my door. He was holding his phone, a small flip phone, probably for business. He turned his attention to us, "Oh, hello." He smirked. Extending his hand, he said, "You must be Carlie, I see you've brought friends." He laughed. I gave an awkward sigh and shook his hand, "A brother, and a friend."

Brandon crossed his arms and puffed his chest, he obviously didn't like Jeff at all. Jeff took a deep breath and lowered his hand, "May we go in?" He questioned. I nodded and grabbed my keys, standing awkwardly in front of him to unlock the door.

"Make yourself at home.." I muttered, throwing my keys onto the coffee table and walking into my room. Staring into the mirror, I saw something that could not come at a moment worse than this.

My lion ears. They sprung up like little inch worms, slowly.

"Brandon!" I shouted. He rushed into my room, noticing my ears without any close examination. He looked around, "Beanie?" He asked. I pointed to my closed, "Over there." He opened the closet, and threw a grey beanie in my direction. I stumbled to catch it, and when I did I threw it on my bed.

"Now please leave so I may change." I smiled. He laughed and exited my room, closing the door behind him. I quickly changed, not wanting to leave Adam and Brandon with Agent Creep. Walking out of my room, I went into the laundry room to throw my coffee stained clothes into the washer.

After contemplating if I should fake my death or not, I decided not to and walked into the sitting room.

Brandon and Adam were sitting on the couch, while Jeff was sitting in my favorite chair... Well, it used to be my favorite. I sat in between Adam and Brandon, then looked at Jeff, "Well?" I said.

Jeff leaned forward in his seat, "You have a friend named Jamie, correct?" He said with a slight tilt of the head. I nodded, slightly interested in where this was going.

"Well..." He said.

I gave him a look, "Well what?" I pushed.

"She got murdered. By someone wearing a cloak, that looked exactly like the one you wear. Not only that, the murderer fits the same description as you, Carlie."

My head started spinning, I didn't kill her. I've been with Adam and Brandon all day.

"Jamie told you this?" I asked. Jeff shook his head.

"No, but we had a witness named Rose who saw the whole thing."