4.

━━━

- Seamless assumptions and spiteful dictatorship - 

━━━

"How can one know so little of someone else, just to fill the void of vagueness with contorted words and ignorant speculations?"

"The Magick Woman held this belief so closely to her heart, she would unknowingly do just this belief, back to the Holy Man."

"She knew so little of the Holy Man, yet, the unbridled hatred she began to develop towards his simple being was something I found myself justifying."

"A man who is seen to be a saviour, one to respect, has so easily disrespected the name of the Magick Woman, all by the core of his emotions. Ignorancy."

"The difference between the Magick Woman and the Holy Man, is that the Magick Woman has already faced the assumptions and repercussions of religious figures in her life due to her Pagan-rooted beliefs."

"The Holy Man has never faced the same repercussions for being a Priest."

"And yet, the congregation refuses to see her anger towards their uneducated judgement to be justifiable."

━ Carolanne's Diary. - Entry 3.

━━━

I would run my nail across each line of text, text detailing energy, nature's importance, divinity and deities, and Carolanne would suck up every word like a sponge. 

I was pleased. 

I never held or proclaimed myself to be anything of a leader or a parental figure, but Carolanne had placed such titles upon me without hesitation.

It made me question myself, who I was, and how other people perceived me. 

Because if she were to place me within a title I never once considered for myself, I must still have so much to learn. 

Of course, I have more to learn. I am learning every day, just as she is. But this is different, and I am questioning whether her emotional attachment towards me might lead her down a path that I cannot guide her down safely. 

Because, if it were so easy for her to trust me, how easily does she trust others? 

That is something that scares me. 

Even so, I continue my teachings, explaining the properties of different herbs, candle colours and sigils, deities and energy in itself. 

I'd never seen someone's eyes drowned in such wonder until I began teaching her. 

She would also question my history, my bond with the shop owner, Huda, and my past years within the church, but I never opened up further then what I felt was necessary. 

It's not as if I wanted to hide anything in particular, I just found that the more I opened my life up to her, the more she was getting sucked in. 

I wanted to do the minimum of what was safe for both of us, even if that meant leaving a vague sheen across my past life.

She and I are both safer that way. 

At least, I had come to convince myself of that in a way to protect my own fears and doubts.

But as the world runs on a cycle of good and bad interchangeably, the bad does not hesitate to knock on my door. 

I had first felt such a wave by my energy and intuition.