Married

Author's pov

Naina was about to switch off her phone after refusing Abhimanyu's parents for the marriage, when she received a message from an unknown person.

"Meet me at Café Delights urgently. 7 PM. Otherwise you will be responsible for your worst phase."

Naina's heart raced as she read the message. She glanced at the clock; it was already 6:30 PM. Her mind buzzed with questions. Who could it be? Why the urgency? Against her better judgment, curiosity got the better of her. She quickly changed into something more presentable and grabbed her coat.

Café Delights was a small, cozy café a few blocks from her apartment. The familiar aroma of coffee and pastries greeted her as she walked in. She scanned the room, looking for any sign of recognition, but everyone seemed engrossed in their own worlds.

In the heart of a bustling city, nestled between towering skyscrapers and neon lights, there was a small, quaint café. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and baked pastries filled the air, creating a cozy refuge from the urban chaos. It was here that Rajveer found himself one rainy evening, staring at a blank piece of paper on the table in front of him.

Rajveer was a successful entrepreneur, known for his meticulous planning and strategic mind. Despite his professional success, his personal life was a different story. After years of no interest in relationships and a growing sense of loneliness, he decided to take a rather unconventional approach to finding a life partner but seeing him hear no one can identify him by his get up.

He was going to propose a marriage contract.

He spent 3 hours while drafting the document, outlining terms and conditions, roles and responsibilities, and even contingencies for various scenarios. It was cold and clinical, but Rajveer believed it was the only way to ensure a harmonious and stable partnership. All he needed now was someone willing to sign it.

As the rain pattered against the windows, the café door swung open, and a gust of wind announced the arrival of a woman.

As she began to organize herself, she noticed an unfamiliar man sitting at a nearby table. He wore a simple hoodie and jeans, but there was something about his demeanor that caught her attention. He kept his head down, his face partially obscured by a baseball cap, and seemed intent on blending into the background.

Despite his attempts at anonymity, there was an air of refinement about him that set him apart. His leather shoes, though understated, were clearly expensive, and the watch peeking out from his sleeve was a luxury brand. Intrigued, Naina couldn't help but steal glances at him.

The man seemed to sense her gaze and shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He adjusted his cap and glanced around the café, as if assessing whether anyone else had noticed him. His eyes briefly met Naina's, and she quickly looked away, pretending to be engrossed in finding a empty seat.

She was drenched from partially, her umbrella having succumbed to the storm outside. She looked around the café, her eyes landing on the only empty seat - the one opposite Rajveer.

"Can I take your empty opposite seat" she asked him.

Rajveer shook his head, gesturing for her to sit. She smiled gratefully and took the seat, setting her wet belongings on the floor.

"Thank you," she said, trying to wring out her hair. "I'm Naina, by the way."

"Rajveer offcourse i know you Miss Naina Singh the struggling or upcoming actress of present" he replied, his eyes flickering to the contract on the table.

"How do you know about me and also recognized me in this get up" she asked with a curiosity.

"Jisse maine yaha bulaya hai usse kaise nhi pehchanuga main..... waise i am quite surprised ki mujhse milne ke baad koye itni jaldi mujhe bul jaye" Replied Rajveer while removing his sunglasses with a smirk.