Chapter II

In the section opposite Steiner, in the stands, a muscular man and a woman with a tattoo above one of her breasts arrived; they were his kidnappers. This time they wore masks, like everyone else there, and the woman carried a black metal briefcase. She wore a mesh top and pants made of a latex-like material, and her mask depicted a crying face. The man, on the other hand, now wore a black tank top that revealed a tattoo identical to his sister's but on his right shoulder, and his cargo shorts had multiple pockets; his mask was a hyper-realistic pig face.

Both turned their heads to the fight.
"Look, sister, is that our guy?" said the man, scratching his head as he turned to look at the woman.
"Yes. It seems we've arrived just in time," she replied, not taking her eyes off the fight. "Who is his opponent? He wasn't here two weeks ago..."
"I think he turned himself in. There are few like that," said the man while walking, looking for someone in the stands.

The atmosphere was truly deafening. "Kill him!" "I'm betting on #9-04, the new guy doesn't stand a chance." "Look at him. Hahaha. He's up against the shield in his first fight." These were some of the comments heard from the crowd.

[The 'Baptism' fight of #9-17 is about to begin! Get ready for another match here, at the Coliseum of the Sold! Where we stop only to fight.]
The powerful voice came from dozens of loudspeakers placed all over the coliseum.
[His baptist will be #9-04, who survived his baptism yesterday!]

The stadium roared as #9-04 approached Steiner until he could see him clearly. His mask was of a bald man with a thick beard made of snakes. He wore a thin leather armor on his torso, a slightly bloodied bandage on his left bicep, and no footwear at all.
"Heh, why is he barefoot?" thought Steiner. In his hands, his opponent wielded a heavy war hammer.
"Oh, shit..." were Steiner's thoughts before partially hiding behind his shield.

"Dear audience, excuse my performance yesterday!" shouted #9-04 to the stands, raising both arms. "Today will be the day of my redemption!" he declared, striking the ground with his hammer. Immediately after, he began running towards Steiner, who started to run but fell, slipping on the arena's sand.
"This sand is too slippery! Now I understand why he's barefoot," thought the young man after his fall, hastily removing his shoes using his feet.

[#9-17 falls to the ground and tries to take off his shoes! Oh, but look, #9-04 is heading straight for him!]
His opponent launched a powerful strike towards Steiner, but he blocked it with his shield.
"Damn it! Am I supposed to survive hits like that?" thought Steiner as he winced from the blow, then quickly rolled backward to get away.
[#9-17 blocks #9-04's direct attack! That's an indirect hit for #9-04, 0.20 points!]

For a few moments, Steiner successfully dodged or distanced himself from his rival's attacks, mainly by rolling on the ground or running.
"RUNRUNRUNRUNRUN!" he thought as he was overcome with fear and chased by his clearly superior opponent.
[#9-04 launches a powerful horizontal hammer strike that #9-17 dodges underneath, trying to get away! But the hammer wielder doesn't give up and lands another indirect hit on #9-17's shield, 0.2 points!]

"He's slow, I think I can try to disarm him," Steiner told himself, in a clear display of survival instinct. Immediately, he stopped running and waited for his opponent, who, as the shield-bearer expected, attacked with another horizontal strike.
"I knew it! Two horizontal strikes and one from bottom to top, it's the moment!" he thought after dodging the previously launched blow, preparing for, as he predicted, an upward strike.
Interposing the shield and pushing outward, he managed to disarm his rival.
[Incredible! #9-17 disarms his opponent and runs towards the hammer!]

"This thing is heavy as hell!" he tried to lift the hammer but found himself unable to do so.
[And he can't lift it! #9-04 takes advantage of the situation and kicks #9-17 in the torso! Direct hit, 2 points for #9-04!]
Despite taking the hit, Steiner didn't let go of his shield. Opening his eyes after the blow, he saw the man with the snake beard launching a powerful downward strike.
"Let's see if you block this, kid!" shouted his rival, who then blocked his attack with his shield, moving further back due to the force of the blow.
[Another indirect hit by #9-04, 0.2 points!]