17

INTO THE ROSE GARDEN
Vol. 1 C8.2 - Blue blooded

Time passed and it was time to give birth to his third child. The midwife who had helped with the previous labors came. Unlike the first two, this baby was delivered in the cabin. The pain was so unbearable, it made him feel like he was going to die. The midwife immediately cut the umbilical cord and wrapped the baby in a soft cloth even before the baby could let out the first cry.

Aelock had gotten used to it by now in his third pregnancy, he just watched the baby with his tired body. The midwife handed the baby to his father who was waiting outside.

This was their third child and the second omega child. The baby was also Klopp’s first daughter. Klopp was ecstatic and smiled in joy. Aelock looked at the baby with his numb body and found himself smiling unconsciously looking at the scene. Klopp, who had left a soft kiss on the small, round, and red baby head, turned his head towards Aelock. Klopp smiled a little wider when he saw Aelock’s crinkled smile, which was now familiar to him that it felt almost welcoming.

“Good work.”

Aelock’s eyes blinked. The greeting was so unexpected that he wanted to react more enthusiastically, but his body wouldn’t listen. In the blink of an eye, Klopp’s eyes darted in Aelock’s direction before he turned back and took the baby away.

Aelock hadn’t expected to be able to see the baby anyway, but he still felt sad every time he watched Klopp’s back walking away. Omega son, Alpha son, and Omega daughter. Aelock already had three children, but he never knew their names.

Even if it’s a fallen family, it would be nice to give at least one of them the middle name of “Teiwind.” But that probably wouldn’t happen.

Aelock closed his eyes, fatigued.

Unlike before, the midwife at least showed some sincerity this time by changing the dirty sheets. With the help of the rather not-gentle midwife, Aelock had a wash and lay down in bed. Painkillers and water were placed next to his bedside. It wasn’t like this before, but now, he couldn’t endure the pain without taking the medicine.

The midwife roughly cleared the messy floor and left without saying any greeting. After that, Aelock was left alone, overwhelmed and trembling with anxiety. He was afraid that when he opened his eyes again, he would see the cold stone floor. His eyelids were dropping, but he couldn’t stop himself from opening his eyes again and again.

Grunting, Aelock soon lost his focus and passed out. After some time, when he realized that he was sleeping, he was startled and opened his eyes in surprise. He let out a deep relief when he saw the familiar cabin ceiling. For a moment, he felt he was about to cry, but it only reached his throat and subsided. Something hot burned and kept flowing down his throat.

Klopp’s visits abruptly stopped the day after he gave birth.

He must be busy raising the baby. He would also have a lot of work as a promising economic bureaucrat. There was no need for him to come here.

Aelock brainwashed himself to avoid feeling disappointed and immersed himself in various chores in the cabin.

He was now quite skilled at peeling potatoes. He also became better at sewing. He learned how to tend the flower garden in front of the cabin and how to clean the fireplace. It was better to be caught up in various tasks so that he didn’t have to think about anything else.

He cleaned the soot-covered fireplace and scraped off all the ashes, dumping them in the flower garden. He fetched water from the well and scrubbed the dusty cabin clean. This time, he was even skilled enough to wash the quilt separately. While mending his torn clothes, Aelock looked out the window. Sometimes, when it rained, listening to the beautiful sound of raindrops falling made the day go by quickly.