𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄; What? How? Why??

𝟑𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ⇩

The precinct was awfully quiet throughout the whole building which was probably the cause of Jake Peralta being late. Everyone knew when he was late because there was always less distractions than usual but the real question was...why? What would be the man's excuse this time around.

DINGGG

Everyone's strictly focusing on their work when the loud ding came about so it just about startles everyone. Charles is the first to poke is head up above the pile of work gathering on his desk.

"Peralta! Where have you been all morning? It's past noon!" Holts voice rings over the precinct as he steps out of his office. Which is just the right amount of time to see the young man running towards his junk filled desk. Jake appears to be out breath almost like he just ran a marathon. The captain stood in the middle of the room, his eyes glaring at the late detective.

"My alarm clock didn't go off and than my car wasn't starting this morning. Crazy how everything decided to go wrong today..right?" The words were hardly recognizable as the man spoke a mile a minute through he added his usual sarcastic tone at the end.

Amy glanced over at Jake catching his words and the weirdness of his behavior (not like he isn't usually a little weird) but something about his behavior today was off. She looked at him for just a second more before turning back to her paperwork. The detective didn't have time for Jake Peralta's nonsense.

Captain Holt glanced at the man, a scowl clear on his face but that was all the emotion showing. He nodded his head hesitantly before turning around and heading back towards his office.

"Jakey! Did you go out with that girl again?! Is that why you were late? If so tell me...everything!" Charles words rang across the precinct catching the ears of Amy; who sat right across from Jake Peralta.

Jake went out on a date? Amy didn't let her brain wander too much farther. She tried to go back to her paperwork but the conversation right next to her was hard to ignore.

"Damn it, Charles! You don't have to be so loud..."Jake paused momentarily before continuing on.
"But- yes. Yes I went out on another date with Alyssa. Honestly I think she might just be the one. I know it has only been two dates but she's amazing."

That caught Amy's attention. "You went on a date?" Her voice sounded off, she could tell the moment those words left her mouth but she just hoped the others wouldn't catch on.

"Yes Santiago...a date. You do know what that is right?" Jake was clearly trying to tease the other detective but luckily for her the captain stepped out of his office just in time.

"Everyone! Briefing room now!"

Whispers began to roll around the room as everyone had their own guesses of what this unexpected meeting would be about.

Upon stepping into the briefing room everyone's eyes settled on the young woman standing next to the podium. Jake however stood frozen in his tracks.

"Alyssa...?" The man's voice a whisper as his eyes were focused upon the blonde haired woman standing in front of him.

——————————————

𝐀/𝐍 : 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐬𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 !! 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐩𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐜𝐬𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤.

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 ❤️