CHAPTER 2

Location: Unknown
Time: 10:45 pm
Year: 3 years ago
Weather: Light rain

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Mom... When's dad coming home" Kanao asked as she was getting worried.

"Don't worry sweetie, I'm sure your Dad is just running late" her Mom answered trying to reassure both herself and Kanao.

They had spent a few hours waiting and Kanao was getting sleepy so she headed for bed, a few minutes later a black Chrysler parked in front of their home and out came Naoto Kocho.

"Mr Kocho what do I owe the pleasure of this meeting" Mrs Tsuyuri asked as she observed him.

"I'm afraid I come bearing bad news, Mrs Tsuyuri" Naoto said as he brought out a piece of paper and handed it to her.

As she read the paper, her eyes widened as she struggled to accept the words written there.

"Mr Kocho, what is this about" She asked still in disbelief.

"It's exactly as it is on the paper" he answered. "Your husband owes me a huge sum of money but now that he's dead, I will be taking everything he owns".

"What do you mean" She asked slightly confused.

"You know what I want Nisshi" he answered. "Also when I said everything I mean everything"

"No please you can't do this to us, I have to take care of my daughter" she pleaded.

"You don't have to worry about your daughter as you both will be coming with me" he chuckled before walking away. "I'll be back in the morning so get ready on time"

Nisshi could do nothing but cry as she continued to weep profusely, she kept thinking about a lot of things.

How would she take care of her daughter now that her husband is dead, she couldn't stand the sight of Naoto so she came to a conclusion.

"I'll be joining you soon my dear husband" She said. "I guess I should see our daughter through this nightmare"

"Mom is Dad okay, what was that weird man taking about" Kanao asked as she had stirred awake.

"Don't worry dear, your dad is safe. He just doesn't want to come home now" she answered. "I'll be going to visit your Dad tomorrow, so some people will come to take you with them while I'm away"

"No, I don't want to stay with anyone.
I only want to stay with you" Kanao pleaded.

"Don't worry I'll come take you back once I return from visiting your Dad" she said. "Promise me you'll be well behaved till then"

"Okay mom, I promise" Kanao said reluctantly.

"Now let's get some sleep, we have a long day tomorrow" She said as they went to sleep.

Time Skip The Next Day

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Rise and shine sweety" Nisshi said as she pecked Kanao on her forehead. "Now quickly go take your bath, we need to prepare quickly"

"Okay mom" Kanao said as she innocently followed her instructions with no idea of what was happening.

15 mins later

Mr Kocho had arrived about 5 minutes ago and was just giving the family a little time to enjoy their home one more time before they never see it again.