9. Sunshine

We walked out of the house through the front door. There I was in tight hug immediately, and automatically echoing Demi's reaction.

"I'm so sorry Selena, it's all my fault." She gushed into my neck, her voice shaky.

"It's not your fault Demi, you couldn't have known." My voice was sincere, and muffled by her brown hair.

We stayed like this for a moment or two. Then she stepped back, threw one hand around my shoulders and led me towards the guys; standing in driveway, by my car. They looked pretty shaken up. As soon as I was in their presents Ashton's strong arms wrapped around my neck, I folded my hands around his waist, as minutes ticked by, Louis's and Harry's arms took place, alternately. Then finally, I could take in surrounding; at the entrance and driveway were cop cars, ambulance, people in uniforms walking around - it looked like we were in the middle of CSI series. Back in the distance, on the street, I saw a man, with navy blue long coat, black beanie, standing, his hands in the pockets, and staring. Paramedics got in my line of vision so I tried to tilted my head; the way that I could see the man, but my gaze landed on the empty street, he just despaired, puff in thin air. Oh God, probably paranoia was creeping on me.

"Selena are you okey?" Louis's voice brought me back.

My gaze flickered to him: "I am now."

His eyes darted behind my back, so I followed his gaze, seeing coroners pushing the stretcher with filled black bag towards the car. Dylan was trailing behind them, he gazed at us and with few big steps approached us.

"What's going on?" Demi was first one to ask, and waited for the answer we all wanted to know.

"Bryan was killed, he pulled the gun on the cops, so they shoot him." His eyes assessed me.

I blinked a few times, concentrating on what I just heard: "So that means he's dead?"

Dylan's lips faintly turned upwards, but he quickly corrected himself by clearing his throat: "Yes Selena, he will never again hurt another soul. As for the house goes, it will take few days to clear it and before I forget, you can give me my phone back." He extended his hand, and I took it from my pocket, giving it to him.

Big part of me felt relief – dominant part, but part of me – analytical part, couldn't find its consolation by the fact that Bryan was dead. I took deep breath through my nose, I guess this were just side effects of stress, hopefully all doubts will disappear with good sleep.

"See you around than." Dylan said and walked away. I must have missed the conversation that occurred while I was deep in my thoughts.

"I should call my boss..." Demi's voice made my head jerked towards her, I stopped her and murmured: "No Demi, I'll be fine, so you shouldn't stop your life because of me. Beside the guy is dead, it's not like he'll turned into ghost and haunt me."

"And she can stay with us." Louis offered.

Demi gazed between the four of us, contemplating, long minutes passed as she sighed: "Fine, but if anything happens call me immediately!" We were all eagerly nodding, she put her hands on my shoulders staring directly at my eyes: "Selena are you sure you are okey?"

The faint trace of a smile appeared on my face: "Yes Demi I'm sure, I mean I'm more than okey, I'll get to spend the night in the house filled with guys, how awesome is that." I let playfulness colored my tone.

She shook her head as toothy smile lightened her features: "It sure is awesome. And since I can see that old Selena is back, I can more calmly go to work." She hugged me once again and whispered: "Welcome back." I giggled.