Momiji Sohma

Name: Momiji Sohma
Age: 15
Family: Momo Sohma (Younger Sister)
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit

Past:
He is the Rabbit of the Chinese Zodiac. Momiji is depicted as a cute, cheerful, and childlike boy, who is easily mistaken as an elementary school student however he is as old as Hatsuharu Sohma and one year younger than Tohru Honda. He later begins attending Kaibara High along with Hatsuharu as first-year students.

Despite his cheerful attitude, he hides a sad family life behind his smile. He lives alone inside the Sohma house since his mother completely rejected him when she first held him. She regretted giving birth to Momiji and begged for Hatori to erase her memories. Because of this, his sister Momo is unaware he is her older brother.

When people cursed by the Zodiac are born, they are born two months prematurely. When Momiji was born two months early, his mother was very worried, and as soon as she held him, he turned into a rabbit. Following this event, she rejected Momiji with her entire body, and her mind went absolutely and completely splintered. She was unable to smile, would snap whenever she saw him, and even referred to him as "that thing".

It became so bad that Momiji's father convinced Hatori to erase her memory of giving birth to Momiji and him being her son. Momiji overheard when Hatori double-checked with Momiji's mother if she really wanted to go through with erasing Momiji from her mind, in which she fully consented, as her biggest regret in life had been giving birth to him.

Although Momiji believes that a memory shouldn't be erased no matter how painful it is, he agreed to have Hatori erase his mother's memories in order to help her recover.

From then on, Momiji began living alone in the "inside" of the Sohma estate. A few years later, Momiji's father and mother had another child, Momo Sohma.

Momiji unintentionally met with his mother and younger sister a few times, but his mother just thinks he is someone else's son from the Sohma family and treats him like an acquaintance.

Momo, however, is curious and suspicious of Momiji, once even remarking to her mother that she looks just like him. Momiji's father has also forbidden Momiji from interacting with both his mother and younger sister Momo, in fears of destroying what he has built. Momiji agrees in watching his family from afar, not wanting to make things more complicated.