004. i got cursed like eve got bitten

chapter three. silver moon sparkling

I haven't seen Juliette in two weeks, and those two weeks I've never been busier

I haven't seen Juliette in two weeks, and those two weeks I've never been busier. I guess Castle finally saw I wasn't right for that assignment and just let me be, finally erasing the vision of me being back in soldier attire. Since the beginning I refused to get my hopes up because I knew something like this would happen.

Especially after I dragged Kenji out of the medical wing he told me about Juliette's ... abnormal abilities. I wanted to yell at him for hiding this from me, but with all my work to be better, I stayed quiet instead. I guess it wasn't too smart because now all of my horrible feelings were stored in a bottle deep inside of me, but at least I wasn't yelling at this girl every second I got.

She couldn't touch people, not even a skim. Otherwise, we'd basically be dead. Her touch was killable, disastrous, inhumane. I could go on and on, but I've told myself to give her a chance. A chance I would've killed for when I first arrived.

I was currently on my way to the library. I'd been looking for a book after finishing my fantasy novel last night. Books were my comfort seeing as I was almost always alone. It'd give me an excuse not to go insane with my own thoughts for hours on end, and instead, hyper-fixate on the choices other characters made. It let me express my anger at their choices, completely forgetting that in some ways, those characters are just like me.

I think if I could live in a perfect free world, all I'd do is read.

I think if I could live in a perfect free world, all I'd do is read. Whether it'd be fantasy – my favorite genre – or modern romance, non-fiction, thriller, or even horror. The most exciting part of reading was every single detail finally clicking. I find the mind of an author to be so interesting and beautiful. They worked hard to have every single detail have meaning, so in the end, every single puzzle piece could fall into place. That's what I loved.

Just as I entered my heaven, Castle found me in a rush and urged me to follow. Obediently, I did. (with an eye roll he didn't catch, of course) His grip on my arm faltered as we walked down the hall.

"Where are we going, if you don't mind me asking, sir?" I peer at him, seeing his distant smile as I ask.

Castle was almost always overly joyful, but I guess I couldn't really blame him. Maybe that was his way of finding a distraction. Just, ignoring all the bad and living in bliss. Yeah, nevermind I can blame him, because who the fuck lives like that when the world has gone to complete shit?

He stops suddenly, hand going to the knob of the door in front of us. "To see a friend who's been in hiding much too long, and I wish for you to be the step of encouragement." Then, he quickly pushes the door open to a view of Juliette sitting on the floor. He urges me in, not allowing for any excuses to splurge out of me."Well, Ms. Ferrars, I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish sitting in a corner."