Prologue- Before 11th

Arrow Ramirez was four years old when Mr. Fischer and his son moved into the neighborhood. Running around, following their older brother wherever he went.
Not even a week later, a blonde haired, blue eyed boy about their age joined. Ever since then, said kid has been by their side.

Through everything.

For example.

When Arrow was five, their younger brother was born, and Maverick had been there to reassure them that Dante and him weren't just going to leave them behind.
Not even three years later, a little boy strikingly similar to Dante and Arrow, Nodin, joined the young kids running around the neighborhood, and just like promised, Arrow was still one of them.

Things only slightly changed when Arrows tenth birthday was cut short as their mother went into labor, and only 7 hours later, Lucero Ramirez was born.
Meaning now, Arrow had to act like a proper young lady. Start wearing dresses. Practice makeup. Proper hair routines. Staying home with mama to help out in the kitchen and watch over their younger sister.

Surprisingly though, only thing that had changed was now there was a new little kid running around, but this one, running around in pink, frilly and sparkly dresses, compared to basketball shorts and whatever t-shirt that was lying in hands reach that morning.

Three years later, at thirteen, Maverick and Arrow had their first kiss, being nothing more than curious kids, and the only kids they were close enough to, being the only ones they could explore with.

That's when Arrow developed an undeniable crush of their best friend. Keeping it hidden.

Two years later, Arrow was introduced to gender identity, to sexual orientation, to different terms that they'd never heard of.

That's when the questioning truly began.

'Am I a girl? Am I a boy? Am I neither? Am I both?'

'Do I like boys? Do I like girls? Do I like both? Do I like neither? Do I like all? Do I like anybody across any spectrum?'

'Do I like Maverick, or do I love him?'

After panicking about this weeks and weeks on end, they brought it up to their parents. Nervous, anxious, scared, terrified.

But nothing changed.

"Είσαι το παιδί μας, αγάπη μου, τίποτα δεν έχει αλλάξει, απλά να είσαι εσύ"

From that day on, Arrow tested out everything they thought fit, with the help of their family, and the Fischers.

And nothing changed.

Things were fine.

Nothing changed.

Things weren't fine.

Nothing changed.

Until Arrow and Maverick had turned seventeen. Almost adults. Second to last year of high school.

Things changed.