episode 4: "lightning strikes!"

At The Jark Matter Fortress, Ollie is conversing with Bajillia about how he wants to have his powers back. Suddenly, they learn about the Rangers gaining the new abilities, Ollie decides to lead a assault against the Rangers on Zordnia using a new two brand new monsters: the brothers Manavil and Denzil to go with him.

The rangers decide to split up while on Zordnia: Javi, Fern and Billy will try to get a message out to start a revolution against Bajillia while the rest of the Rangers go to find some brand new zords.

The Rangers arrive at a crypt where they discover more about the Cosmic Fury rangers. Long ago, the Morphin Masters had learned about an ancient evil tyrant as he wrecked havoc across the universe. To stop him, the Masters created the very Squadron Rangers. These Rangers were able to use devices called "Nova Crystals" to defeat the tyrant briefly but all of these Rangers were killed in a battle. The Morphin Masters would end up locking away the Nova Crystals and Zords on Zordnia until they would be needed again.

As the Rangers are about to get the Zords, Ollie and the monsters attack the group and Ollie steals the Blue Nova Crystal revealing he has gotten his hands on a edited morpher which turns his Nova Crystal into a dark version becoming the "Dark Blue Cosmic Fury Ranger". The Rangers are able to defeat both Ollie and the monsters but both of the monsters end up growing huge.

The Rangers get the Zords and combine into the Cosmic Fury Megazord which they use to defeat both the monsters and Ollie who barely escapes with the Squidrill.

As the Rangers return to the ORION with the Zords, they are able to send a message out all across the galaxy to start the revolution against Zedd as the episode concludes with the Rangers heading off to find their way back home.