Chapter Thirteen

A fortnight had passed and with the current state of alliances towards the Black Queen, Queen Rhaenyra had sent prince Jacaerys to the North while princess Visenya to the Stormlands to secure the support of Houses Stark, Manderly, and Arryn while Visenya handled the Baratheons.

Visenya landed in the courtyard of Storm's End on Terrax, her dragon. Rain was pouring harshly and suddenly a loud roar of a nearby dragon startled her. She quickly looked up towards the loud sound and was surprised to see Vhagar there in Storm's End as well.

She was quickly hurried inside by the guards but before leaving her dragons side she commanded for him to stay obedient and to not leave. As she stepped inside the castle she found herself stared by Lord Borros Baratheon comfortely in his seat.

"Why do you come here?" Lord Borros asked as he stared down at her.

"I am Princess Visenya Targaryen." She answered. "I brought you a message from my mother, the Queen."  She says, her tone determined and serious.

"Yet earlier this day, I received an envoy from the King." Lord Borros said with an amused tone. "Which is it? King or Queen? The House of the Dragon does not seem to know who rules it." He said as he laughed. After his laugh finally faded and no longer found it amusing he spoke. "What is your mother's message, girl?"

Visenya recalled Lord Borros of his father's oath of fielty to Rhaenyra when she was named heir. She was now Queen and expected him to raise his banners and fight with his swords for her.

"Reminding me of my father's oath?" Lord Borros asked rhetorically with anger. "At least King Aegon came with an offer, my swords and banners for a marriage pact." Lord Borros said as he pointed towards Aemond who in the shadows he hid. "He is a man able to marry one of my daughters. Unless one of your brother's decides to marry them, you will leave my castle." Lord Borros shouted.

Visenya had then come to realize her mother's mistake in bringing her instead of Rhaenys or Luke, even if he was too young. But yet, he was already betrothed along with Jace.

"My brothers, prince Jacaerys and Lucaerys, are already betroth, my lord." Visenya explained. "I cannot marry one of your daughters but..." Visenya was left without words as the guards of Lord Borros grabbed her by the wrist to walk her out.

Once out, Visenya stared at Vhagar as she tighten the saddle of Terrax with irritation in her eyes.

"She is too large to be able to land her here in the courtyard." Aemond said as he walked towards her from behind.

Visenya turned to face him with anger. "You plan to marry one of the Baratheon girls?" Visenya asked trying to keep calm.

Aemond noticing her anger amused by it responded with a smirk. "No," he simply answered.

"If you mean to win this war for the usurper of your brother you will." Visenya responded as she mounted Terrax and stared down at Aemond.

"I could never marry anyone that werent you," Aemond said before getting interrupted by the guards.

"Lord Borros does not want any bloodshed in his domain!" The guard shouted as the rain continued to pour.

Aemond turned back to face Visenya and chuckled as he thought of the idea of killing her an atrocious thing to do.

"We shall see again, my princess." Aemond said as he took a step back to allow Visenya's dragon space to spread his wings and prepare to take fly.

Visenya stared at him with guilt but also with resentment as Terrax took flight and left the Stormlands for Dragonstone as Aemond simply watched and finally looked away heading back towards his dragon, Vhagar.