' You did him wrong '

4-5 months later,

It was monthly family time at the Pune jail, and Krish had gone to meet Priya, being the only person she was willing to meet.

After exchanging about her health and the situation outside, Priya suddenly remembered something.

"Krish, please tum already bahot kar rahe ho, please mujhpe aur paise kharch mat karo," she requested. If the situation wasn't such, she wouldn't have taken a single help from anyone, but time made her so weak and dependent.

Krish, who thought she was talking about the expenses he incurred for coming to Pune, said, "Priya, dost ho tum meri, itna to kar hi sakta hu. Aur waise bhi, tum tension mat lo, mujhe Pune mein kaam bhi hota hai, to uske liye to aata hi hoon."

She shook her head, "Yahan aane ke liye nahi, par vo doctors ke checkup aur vo jo khana aata hai. I know bina resources ke ye sab possible nahi hai, to please."

He frowned, "Khana? Checkup? Priya, maine ye sab kuch nahi bheja, na hi mere paas itne contacts hain ki ye sab kar pau."

Their eyes met as realization hit, "Mr. Kapoor," they spoke in unison.

Her sight turned blurry as she realized the extent of his love. Despite the things she did to him, he still cared for her.

"Priya, I don't know if I am in a position to say, but you did him wrong. Initially, I too was angry with him. I still am as he didn't trust you. Par kya tumne uspe trust kiya?" Krish spoke, visibly disappointed at the two.

Priya's eyes lowered due to the shame she felt, "M.. maine."

He continued, cutting her off, "None of you prioritized each other when you two were the ones who actually had to spend a lifetime together, but..." he sighed.

Silence prevailed for a long time before Krish spoke, "For him, you cheated, yet he is doing all this. Do you think knowing that the child is his, he could hate him or her because as far as I know, he would have gone to any extent to protect him or her... Rest you know better after all you are his wife."

She didn't speak, sitting in the same position with her head hung low.

Seeing her state, guilt trapped Krish, "I am sorry Priya, I... I shouldn't have said those words."

No response.

Sighing, he stood up, "Take care and ask them to call me whenever needed."

No response.

As Krish walked three or four steps, Priya's voice stopped him, "Krish."

He turned to look at her, "Can you please ask Mr. Kapoor to meet me once?"

A small smile graced his lips as he nodded.

"And..." Before she could speak, he spoke, "I'll make sure no one else except Ram knows about it," and with that, he took his leave.

-----------------------------------------------------------

And with this, I take your leave :)

Feedbacks are a must

~shivangi