Disclaimer

This is a work of historical fiction that deals with sensitive and challenging themes, including racism, slavery, and violence. The story is set in a time when these issues were prevalent and aims to portray the harsh realities faced by those who lived through it. While the characters and events are fictional, they are inspired by historical contexts and are intended to provide a deeper understanding of the period.

Readers should be aware that the language and situations depicted may be distressing. I as the author have made every effort to approach these topics with respect and authenticity, but some content may not be suitable for all audiences.

This book is not intended to glorify or trivialize the experiences of those who suffered under slavery, but rather to honor their strength and resilience. It aims to spark reflection and conversation about the enduring impact of these issues in history and their relevance to contemporary discussions about race and identity.

If you have any concerns about the content, we encourage you to consider them before proceeding with the book. Thank you for your understanding and for joining us on this journey through a complex and significant part of our shared history.

---