CHAPTER 3

After a week or so, my adoptive parents started making me go with them to see movies at the mall, where I spent most of my money anyway. I always saw HER there.. everytime I looked at her, there was a huge pain in my stomach, so bad that I had a tint of blue on my head. She would look at me from time to time and smile. It didn't feel good to smile back.
I didn't speak to her at first, but I eventually gave in. She wasn’t mean, per say.. She was just.. strange..

After a couple weeks, at midnight, there was a distorted noise coming from my closet. I heard the rustling and the muffled whispers. My heart skipped a beat. The voices were talking about me. They were whispering my name. I thought maybe they weren’t talking about me, or at least, their voices weren't speaking in English.  I listened carefully to try to decipher their words. Suddenly, I saw AUS again. I saw her, but she looked different. Her teeth glowed a dark shade of red, and her eyes were pitch black. She had dark red hair, darker than her teeth, and blood trickled down her face.
"Ah! Who are you!? Who are you!?" I yelled, terrified of whatever was in my closet. The door opened and AUS entered. As she stepped inside the closet, I immediately ran towards the door, ready to close it. But AUS grabbed me by the wrist and pushed me backwards onto the floor. I tried to get up but I just couldn't. She pushed me up, put me in the closet and closed it.
Everything was black for a second. Just before I lost consciousness, I heard her saying "Happy birthday..."
My dream was.. weird. Not only was it terrifying, it also felt familiar. The way things looked around me… The sound of my voice. It was like someone else’s voice.
My eyelids were heavy and it felt like I couldn’t move my body at all, but somehow managed to keep my eyes wide open. My ears were ringing.
She woke me. Pushed me out of the closet and banged my head against the wall.  My skull hurt a lot. The world began spinning again. I groaned and tried to sit up. When I finally got my bearings, I saw AUS standing in front of me, smiling. “I hope you like it.” Was she talking? I tried to say something in return, to ask her about my dream.. Only 10 seconds after, I saw it. She was staring at me with murderous intent, and she had a knife.
I ran and ran, hoping for something.. good. "Don't run so far! Ready for this, Norman? It will only hurt for a second.. you won't die."  I could hear her voice echoing. "You will regret running away. You won't be able to escape forever!"   I kept running but no matter how fast I ran, I couldn't shake her off.  I wanted to stop, wanted to turn around and fight, but I couldn't.
The room fell. The glass shattered. The door fell against me. Glass cut into me, blood staining my arms. I couldn't scream.. I couldn't scream.  I couldn't do anything.. I was dying. I knew I was dying. She laughed as I struggled to breathe. Blood dripped down onto the ground. I couldn't hear my own screaming, I couldn't stop thinking. Tears falling down my face when I cry.. I can't help it. I can't control it.. I can't... control anything...