Chapter 13

"Everyone in positions! I repeat, everyone in positions." Monica screams out, making sure everyone can hear her. "Do not let them see you!"

"Lani..look,"

"Maria, you have to."

"Please! Let me say this if nothing else. I love you so much, and I know you could never love me like that. But you have to know this, and you need to survive. I would pay for you and everyone else here if I had to. And that's a promise. Whatever happens on the other side. I wanted you to know. I needed you to know that I would do anything. I don't know how to explain it, but all this feels like it's happened before. I feel like I'm experiencing some sort of deja vu. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm not scared to promise to protect everyone here at all costs." Maria's speech brought Lani to tears. She brings Maria close to a deep hug, a hug that could be their last.

"Maria, although my love for you is platonic, I need you to know that I love you too. No matter what happens, We will make it out of this alive." Lani says this through her tears.

They nod their heads, and Maria flies up back to her post.

Lani turns her face. "Lilith, look at me."

"I understand," she says as she puts her hand on Lani's shoulder. "I know you love her, and I know you love me. And no matter what happens, I will cherish your love and hold it close no matter what." Lilith smiles warmly, and a single tear sheds from her left eye to the bottom of her cheek. "We're gonna win this. No matter what it takes," she says, moving her hand from Lani's shoulder to her cheek. Lani nuzzles against her hand deeper, giving it a soft kiss. Lani pulls Lilith in by her arm and plants a passionate kiss on the lips.

"I need you to know how much I love you."

"I know angels." Then the horn goes off. The two rush to get their weapons armed and ready. "Shhhh, stay very quiet. If we're lucky, they won't realize we're here."

Lani turns her head, where Monica is just about 16 feet away from them with Nero. On my command, she signs. "We're surrounding them, and they have no idea. Ready.....Aim... Fire!" She shouts, and it echos through the entirety of the mountain terrain. Gunshots go off from all around. Lilith aims and shoots a few times. Lani does the same, except when she's ready to fire, she sees him.

"Father..." She mumbles.

"What?" Lilith turns her head and asks her.

"T-that's my father," she says, getting down from behind the stone wall again. "Thats him. Commanding heaven's defenses." Her heart starts racing quickly as she loses track of thought.

"Hey, hey, it's going to be okay." Lilith reminds her, trying to comfort her. Just then, there was a huge explosion, and the stone wall they were hiding behind had shattered to pieces. "Run!" Lilith shouted, taking Lani by the hand and sprinting to the nearest place to take cover.

"Get down! Lani shouts. Jerking Lilith to the ground by her arm as bullets were flying through the air. Everyone was so loud and chaotic that Lani couldn't think straight. That's when the thunder begins. Zues was there, sending thunderbolts down from the sky.

"Fuck! You could hear Monica curse so loudly that it was almost louder than the booms being through out the mountain terrain." Cedric! The air force is going to have to dismantle." She screams at him, and just as she commands, they can see their warriors in the sky lowering to the ground with others.

"Maria! Lani shouts. Maria reaches the two. "Look, this is going to be a really big ask from both of you. But I need you guys to cover me while I reach my father; maybe I can get some things cleared up." Lani's eyes start to tear.